• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Hellcat

Contributor
"Settings App" => "General" => "About"
That should tell you how many storage you have left.
As for the system (OS) partition (since you were referring to "system memory") check in Cydia or Installer for "Boss Tools" - that will a) tell you how much THERE is left and b) give you some options to free up some space.

If you were talking about memory as in "RAM", there was an app like "System Info" or such, that also told you how much of that is free, but I doubt it'll have to do anything with storing the ROM images....

Additional Comment:
As for the system (OS) partition (since you were referring to "system memory") check in Cydia or Installer for "Boss Tools" - that will a) tell you how much THERE is left and b) give you some options to free up some space.

If you were talking about memory as in "RAM", there was an app like "System Info" or such, that also told you how much of that is free, but I doubt it'll have to do anything with storing the ROM images....

Whisper

Logic :(

Additional Comment:

That was really helpful thanks. The only question I have left is what level should my system partition stay above to keep my itouch lag/brick free.

Robby

Los Doyers!
What are some good sources for Cydia and/or Installer?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Also, what are some good themes for WinterBoard?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am following this tutorial to install Installer
Adding installer Tutorial - iPod touch Fans forum

But it says go to the Applications directory, where is this? Is it:
/private/var/mobile/Applications
or
/private/var/stash/Applications.vot1l8

Edit: I see the apps I installed from Cydia are in /private/var/stash/Applications.vot1l8 so do I use this?

_Syn

w00t, nice nice. Can't believe it's here. What's the difference :$. Too lazy to read .. haha

I'll do it on the weekend.

mohaas05

Just make sure because some sites tell you you should end all iTunes-related processes when you "restore" to the custom firmware. You do NOT want to do this as it will cause the restore to fail. Only do that when you start boothelper.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Just make sure because some sites tell you you should end all iTunes-related processes when you "restore" to the custom firmware. You do NOT want to do this as it will cause the restore to fail. Only do that when you start boothelper.

So you used my guide?

Bran

Yell
Can you add programs manually to the iPod?

I don't have internet that the iPod can use.

I got Snowboard or whatever when I was out at the mall today but now I'm home and have no internets for the iPod...

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Just got my first app released. It's retailing .99 US or should be (might be free for a few minutes while they update the app page).

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301294844&mt=8

Please post constructive criticism. I can offer 5 free codes if you guys want to try it. I do warn that it is very basic and should probably be based at free but yes, I did set it for .99. :mellow: