• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] CFW Folder Blocker v1.1

LocutusEstBorg

CFW Folder Blocker v1.1

Some new UMDs are detecting files in the ms0:/seplugins and ms0:/iso folders and causing problems, even deleting files from these folders.

This plugin will hide these folders in GAME mode so they can't be accessed.

To install, copy cfwblock.prx to ms0:/seplugins and make an entry in game.txt
e.g. ms0:/seplugins/cfwblock.prx 1

This will NOT bypass any anti-ISO protection in games. It is for the protection of YOUR files on YOUR memory stick. Use the original UMD and it will work fine, and your files are also safe.

Download : Torch's Release Site

Changelog v1.1
----------------------------------
It does not activate in Homebrew.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Sounds promising. I'll be sure to try out this handy little plugin.

Thanks Torch.

LocutusEstBorg

My original idea was to make it complete secure, with no way to access it from user mode, even when reading from the device/sector level. It was supposed to work like this:

The plugin would read the FAT and identify the entries for those folders, along with the sectors (actually the function reads in bytes, but it only reads 512 at a time so...) they appeared in, and read those parts into memory. The parts of the FAT in memory would then be modified in memory such that those folders never existed at the file system level. Then when any read commands were received for a msstor0: handle, if the position to be read fell into the parts in memory, it would send the modified bytes from memory instead.

Theoretically impossible to bypass, but for now I settled for some function hooks :p

Davee

lolhax
My original idea was to make it complete secure, with no way to access it from user mode, even when reading from the device/sector level. It was supposed to work like this:

The plugin would read the FAT and identify the entries for those folders, along with the sectors (actually the function reads in bytes, but it only reads 512 at a time so...) they appeared in, and read those parts into memory. The parts of the FAT in memory would then be modified in memory such that those folders never existed at the file system level. Then when any read commands were received for a msstor0: handle, if the position to be read fell into the parts in memory, it would send the modified bytes from memory instead.

Theoretically impossible to bypass, but for now I settled for some function hooks :p

That'd be beyond overkill... xD

Nice work though.

LocutusEstBorg

Note: If you want to install DAX's LEDA then disable this temporarily to install it or it will show error. In the next version I will add a check to disable it in homebrew.

zman11978

i do not even see the point of using UMD's if u have cfw. Just download all your games and store them on ur pc.

Cryox

Bro.
just installed,
now is it know if Resistance Retribution deletes anything?

Alex135

Well i have tested your app, and it blocks more then just the files listed, enough that even DJ Max Fever does indeed work on it. Between that and your hold plugins im really impressed. Seriously, do more with this kind of stuff.

I may not have done much on this forum and honestly possibly never will, but i wanted to thankyou enough that i decided to go ahead and register just to do so.

Thanks again.