• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firmware 3.51 M33 Update #7

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp351customfirmware.jpg

Team M33 are back with another update to their impressive PSP custom firmware series. The new update features an automatic display fix for TA-082+ motherboards with brightness problems in 1.50 kernel, improved NO-UMD compatibility with M33's driver, and a WLAN bug fix. As always, you must be running 3.51 M33 to apply this update.

* Improvements in M33 NO-UMD driver (yeah, we know that sony one is better, but we still are working
on our own driver to make it perfect as a challenge). The improvements:
- Fixed a bug that caused incompatibility with ATV Offroad Fury Pro, Steel Horizons,
Tony Hawk's Project 8 and probably more games.
- Speed loading has improved, now M33 driver imitates better Sony one.

* Automatic display fix for ta-082+ with brightness problems in 1.50 kernel.
- M33 will autodetect ta-082+ with brightness problems, and will correct brightness properly.

* Wlan fix is now done differently, patch is done in 3.51 kernel before going to 1.50 one.
- For those that don't read well the readmes: we never would include in our files a sony prx!
The fix was and is done simply with code. The 3.40 mention was to notice that the problem
was not a M33 bug, but a problem caused by Sony.

* 4th level of brighrness enabled on 1.5 kernel too now.

* An option has been added to recovery, "Hard Reset on 1.50 homebrew". Use this, only if the wifi
fix doesn't work with your psp still. It makes homebrew boot a bit slower.

- M33

Download Firmware 3.51 M33 Update #7 / Changelog / Donate to Team M33

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I got a problem, I start the update and it freezes on the PSP screen.

learyd

I updated before the subsequent fix releases

I updated before the subsequent fix releases, but I can't figure out how to do it again to incorporate the fix. I got the hen 3.51, the 1.50 and the 3.5 update and the new fix but when i try to run it again, it will not run. My main issue is now that i have 3.51 HEN how can i run emulators for 1.50. I would rather go back to 1.5 but i don't see how i can. the m33 site is russian and i can't find any information on any other sites or this one. I think i need the "firmware loader" but i can't get that to run. ISO's run just fine that i can't run anything else. any pointers? :confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got a problem, I start the update and it freezes on the PSP screen.

worked fine here... you sure you are putting it in GAME150?

learyd said:
I updated before the subsequent fix releases, but I can't figure out how to do it again to incorporate the fix. I got the hen 3.51, the 1.50 and the 3.5 update and the new fix but when i try to run it again, it will not run. My main issue is now that i have 3.51 HEN how can i run emulators for 1.50. I would rather go back to 1.5 but i don't see how i can. the m33 site is russian and i can't find any information on any other sites or this one. I think i need the "firmware loader" but i can't get that to run. ISO's run just fine that i can't run anything else. any pointers?

I'm confused... what exactly are you trying to do? There is no HEN 3.51. Also, the updates are accumulative (i.e. it doesn't matter if you run Update #7 first)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I updated before the subsequent fix releases, but I can't figure out how to do it again to incorporate the fix. I got the hen 3.51, the 1.50 and the 3.5 update and the new fix but when i try to run it again, it will not run. My main issue is now that i have 3.51 HEN how can i run emulators for 1.50. I would rather go back to 1.5 but i don't see how i can. the m33 site is russian and i can't find any information on any other sites or this one. I think i need the "firmware loader" but i can't get that to run. ISO's run just fine that i can't run anything else. any pointers? :confused1:

Well, to run 1.5 fw homebrew you should put it in the PSP/GAME150 folder on your memstick- if it doesn't exist just create one. I think what you mean by HEN 3.51 is a homebrew-enabled 3.51, which you're referring to 3.51M33. Refer to the 'Downgrading OE' thread if you want to downgrade back to 1.5, but i would strongly suggest keeping the new one, as long as you can get your homebrew working.:smile:

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.

HyBRiD

how do i update this from the original m33? do i need a step by step m33-2 till m33-7 or do i just download the m33-7 patch