• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Useful Homebrew and Plugins for 5.00 M33-6

J

jx233

5.00 M33-6 material here!
*All the homebrew and plugins work with the 5.00 Kernel.

psp3002.jpg

The downloads are either in ZIP or RAR file format.
If you have trouble with RAR files or your PC does not recognize them, download this: 7-Zip

This guide is a successor to 3.40 OE-A Plugins and Useful Homebrew by XsavioR.
(*Warning: Some of the homebrew and plugins for Version 3.40 OE-A may not work as they were intended for that version.)

Thanks to Cheezeball99 for his PSP Emulation Guide. (I used some of his links.)

Ok, this is my first FAQ and guide thread.
Here I will add alot of useful stuff.

From now on, visit Exophase Downloads for your homebrew and plugins. This thread has no longer any use now, since the downloads section was launched. But if there is no need to go to the downloads section, then just use the homebrew and plugins provided below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PLUGIN]: Popsloader
This lets you load converted PSX games on your PSP. Here is the Popsloader Install Guide.
Although the guide is for 3.80 M33 + 3.90 M33, the installation is the same for 5.00 M33-6.

PSPTool 0.7
*This is a useful Pandora+IPL application. It is also a useful MemoryStick utility.

PSP Filer 6.0
This is an excellent file manager, a must-have for homebrew users.

Ultimate PSPTube 1.8
Watch Youtube on your PSP and other famous video sites.

[PLUGIN]: Custom Firmware Extender 3.1
This plugin adds a lot of special options to your PSP.

[PLUGIN]: LEDA 0.2 Beta

x3sphere said:
For those growing tired of installing the 1.5 kernel add-on for each new M33 release, developer Dark_AleX has a solution: LEDA. A legacy software loader, LEDA integrates with M33 firmware to allow for the loading of 1.5 kernel based homebrew applications. As a bonus, it even works on Slim units.
*LEDA is still in Beta, which means some homebrew might not work. Check the compatibilty list here .

HOLD v3.6
HOLD is a battery saver plugin for listening to music. Very Useful.

[PLUGIN]: TweakDisplay v0.7.729
TweakDisplay adds a new look for your PSP. It adds psychadelic colors to the icons and waves. It can also mimic the contrast boost the PSP-3000 has.

[PLUGIN]: CFW Folder Blocker 1.1
This protects your ISOs and Plugins from UMDs that delete MemoryStick files. It does not activate in homebrew so other plugins like LEDA can work.

Irshell 4.9
iR Shell is a multi-purpose shell replacement for PSP.

1.50 Kernel Addon for 5.00 M33
This is the 1.50 kernel addon for 5.00 M33, its for PSP Phat only!

[PLUGIN]: PSPStates 5.00
This plugin is for PSP Slim only!

x3sphere said:
Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an updated version of PSPStates, a savestate plugin for PSP. This release adds support for the recently released 5.00 M33 custom firmware.

Keep in mind that due to extra RAM usage, the plugin can be used only on Slim units. Additionally, savestates created back on 4.01 firmware are not cross-compatible on 5.00, so make certain to delete them prior to installing PSPStates.

GPSP 0.9
GPSP is a Gameboy Advance emulator for PSP.

MasterBoy v2.02
MasterBoy is an excellent GameBoy Color+ Sega Master Sytem Emulator+ GameGear Emulator.

SNES9XTYL
This is a SNES emulator to play your SNES games.

Daedalus X64 Beta 2
Daedalus is an N64 emulator, it the latest build.

The Powder Toy
Powder Toy is a homebrew game.

x3sphere said:
powder.jpg

Players are given an assortment of materials -- from to fire to C4 -- with which they can manipulate floaty particles on-screen resembling that of powder. Using the tools at your disposal, it's possible to create some real slick effects, as shown in the screenshot above.

[PLUGIN]: GAME Catergories V3
It categorizes your homebrew, ISOs, etc. Very useful for the obsessive compulsive (just kidding).

x3sphere said:
snap0004.jpg

M@x and Sleepper have released an update to their popular Java virtual machine emulator for the PSP. Known as PSPKVM, it can run both games and applications compiled with Sun Microsystems' open-source Java 2 Platform Micro Edition toolkit (J2ME) on PSP, provided that custom firmware is installed. As always, changelog is after the break.[blockquote2]* Enable input symbol in password textfield
* Fix OSK bug
* Fix drawRGB alpha blending bug
* Fix a couple of bug inside VM interpreter[/blockquote2]Download PSPKVM v0.5.1

PSPKVM [PSPKVM - Official Website]
PSPKVM is a useful Java Emulator for PSP.

Credits:
Alot of credit to x3sphere for providing news and downloads of homebrew.

deckman98

Trained Professional
Thanks (+rep)

aero125

CXMB for custom themes.

By the way, the latest v3.3 seems not fully compatible with 5.00m33. I notice that the wordings ( Games titles and descriptions ) were all reversed in all my games *.png when displayed on the XMB. I don't have this problem with the earlier v3.2.1 on the 4.01M33. :confused1:

january39

eXo Staff
No sign of Game Catergories v3. Must have plugin for users of larger MS.

Nice work Jx223 - Saved me some work locating emu's ;-)

GAME Catergories v3

J

jx233

aero125 said:
CXMB for custom themes.

By the way, the latest v3.3 seems not fully compatible with 5.00m33. I notice that the wordings ( Games titles and descriptions ) were all reversed in all my games *.png when displayed on the XMB. I don't have this problem with the earlier v3.2.1 on the 4.01M33. :confused1:

I'm not sure if I should add something that has bugs in it.

january39 said:
No sign of Game Catergories v3. Must have plugin for users of larger MS.

Nice work Jx223 - Saved me some work locating emu's ;-)

GAME Catergories v3

Ok, I'll add it to the list, thanks! :)

january39

eXo Staff
J

jx233

january39 said:
Lmao - You got me. :biggrin:

well, i got the "obsessive compulsive" line from QJ.net. :w00t:

And, can you give me link to SNES9xTYL?

angelsniper45

I know this is out of date since the downloads section, but you should include 7-zip, its much better than winrar and is completely free.

But on the other hand, good job on deleting PSPUdpates, i thought that was a completley different site to.

Im giving you some karma.

Soukyuu

CXMB for custom themes.

I noticed that too, but it seems to depend on the theme and not on the cxmb itself.

I tested a few themes and this one had the issue, while this one didn't. (Those are only examples)

J

jx233

angelsniper45 said:
I know this is out of date since the downloads section, but you should include 7-zip, its much better than winrar and is completely free.

But on the other hand, good job on deleting PSPUdpates, i thought that was a completley different site to.

Im giving you some karma.

Thank you for the +rep.

Concerning 7z, can it un-rar files?

Also, QJ.Net was deleted because of what we discussed / joked about in the Off-Topic section.

angelsniper45

Yea, I knew about qj, I deleted that.

7-zip can do everything winrar does, only difference is its open source and is free.

J

jx233

angelsniper45; said:
Yea, I knew about qj, I deleted that.

7-zip can do everything winrar does, only difference is its open source and is free.

I'll attempt to add it. Open Source stuff- all the way. :wink: :w00t:

angelsniper45

So I right about 7zip? :D

J

jx233

Didn't try it yet. I just added the download link. Never installed it to the computer yet.

angelsniper45

how useful is the 1.5k for phats??

Ive never heard to many good things about that. Not many people feel like its needed.

january39

eXo Staff
1.50 should rest in peace, gracefully :)

J

jx233

january39 said:
1.50 should rest in peace, gracefully :)

I still use the 1.50 kernel. It's required for my firmware {(3.52 M33-4)- don't worry I have TimeMachine for higher firmwares.}

Also, the 1.50 kernel is an excellent ELF loader. :D

I'm not sure whether Version 1.50 should rest in peace or not. :huh:

Alex

150 addon is quite good to run those old useful homebrews

i use 7-zip and it does everything the winrar does except from its free!
its never let me down once

january39

eXo Staff
I still use the 1.50 kernel. It's required for my firmware {(3.52 M33-4)- don't worry I have TimeMachine for higher firmwares.}

Also, the 1.50 kernel is an excellent ELF loader. :D

I'm not sure whether Version 1.50 should rest in peace or not. :huh:

It should, Focus should be on the 3.XX now - I say that knowing that i can't really code brew :eek:hmy:

Yeah, but given that the higher FW's are just as stable now with Ctf, Emu's and almost all brew. I would always go high.

Time machine was designed to go back in time, but i love the way your getting the fullness out of it. :biggrin: