• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

SCE: PSPgo Still Clocked At 333MHz, FCC Filing Pertains To USB

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspgopice32009.jpg

Looks like all that hubbub about the PSPgo sporting a souped up 480MHz processor was for naught. According to a report from Engadget Japan, citing a Sony Computer Entertainment representative, the much-publicized reference of 480MHz in an FCC filing pertains to the clock frequency of the USB component, not the CPU chip.

In a nutshell, the $249.99 PSPgo is largely the same handheld that debuted nearly five years ago, just in a more compact and admittedly sexy shell that does away with UMD, adding 16GB of built-in flash memory in its place, along with Bluetooth capabilities. Glad that's settled.

Kwipper

<p>Ahh good. I was beginning to regret not wanting to buy a PSP Go! I am glad that the matter has been resolved. Now I can go back to not giving two shits about the PSP Go!</p>
<p>^_^</p>

january39

eXo Staff
Nevermind the PSP go, i want gran turismo they are playing ;)

SCE have had 5 years with PSP and still they never listen.................... Same ol console but sexier, always a buying point to me :(

Alex

When you say Bluetooth capabilities, is that file transfer or just headsets?

PR0fessor Burnt

I want one just for the memory so i can hold all my psn games on the same memory drive instead of multi memory sticks

MenaceInc

Staff Member
When you say Bluetooth capabilities, is that file transfer or just headsets?

Don't take is as gospel but I'm fairly sure that it includes file transfer.

I really don't know about the PSPGo....I have my old PSP-1003 and I'm happy with it :D

Simon19

Phat is the way forward or slim, there cracked wide open and are all to a standard 333mHz!
I have two 1003's and im happy with them! Bluetooth, im not too bothered about tbh, wifi is good enough for me.