• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Emulator Help

Raymond_N

Hi, im completly new to homebrew and custom firmware, I need advice on a GBA and Super Nintendo emulator that works with the 3.40 custom firmware.

Thanks 8)
Raymond

Krelian

As seen on Exophase!

As I stated in Best emulators non-psx for 3.10oe:
I've had a lot of fun with snes9xTYL, I'd really love to see someone pick it up and polish it up a bit, really some good FX Chip support and I'd be set! Starfox 1 and 2!
StrmnNrmn has done AMAZING things with Daedalus but honestly I still don't find it quite playable yet... (so close)
I suppose DGEN is about the best MD/Genesis emulator but I find it to be rather glitchy and prone to slow-down, beggars can't be choosers though!
I don't have much experience with GB/GBC/GBA emulators (since I still own all the games I'd be interested in emulating), perhaps someone else can chime in there...*
And lastly I'm sure CPS1PSP and CPS2PSP would be great for a bunch of the Capcom arcade classics but I haven't sat down to figure out how to deal with the multi-piece roms yet.

*Regarding GBA emulation you'll want to look into gpSP by our namesake Exophase and for GB/GBC get RIN.