• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Emulation and PS1

ericmittens

Please Help!

I can find absolutely no guides on how to load emulators or PS1 games onto my freshly upgraded 3.40 OE-A PSP.

All I want to do is play SNES and Genesis and perhaps some PS1 games. Is there also a way to play backup versions of PSP games?

Thanks in advance...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
moved this to correct forum.

for PS1 games check out this guide:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=987

as for the rest (NES, SNES, etc) download the corresponding emulator and place the files in your GAME150 folder.

an example:

<pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME150/NES

where "NES" would contain an EBOOT.PBP, the emulator files, and your games.

backups of your PSP games should be in ISO or CSO format, and they go in:

<pspdrive>:/ISO

then the game icon will appear in the game folder on your PSP. Probably you will have more questions but this should get you started.

Krelian

As seen on Exophase!

As I stated in Emulator Help:
I've had a lot of fun with snes9xTYL, I'd really love to see someone pick it up and polish it up a bit, really some good FX Chip support and I'd be set! Starfox 1 and 2!
StrmnNrmn has done AMAZING things with Daedalus but honestly I still don't find it quite playable yet... (so close)
I suppose DGEN is about the best MD/Genesis emulator but I find it to be rather glitchy and prone to slow-down, beggars can't be choosers though!
I don't have much experience with GB/GBC/GBA emulators (since I still own all the games I'd be interested in emulating), perhaps someone else can chime in there...*
And lastly I'm sure CPS1PSP and CPS2PSP would be great for a bunch of the Capcom arcade classics but I haven't sat down to figure out how to deal with the multi-piece roms yet.

*Regarding GBA emulation you'll want to look into gpSP by our namesake Exophase and for GB/GBC get RIN.

seann33uk

LOL its a new firmware i just did what i did with previous firmwares. Havn't seen much new or different about it so far.:laugh:

ericmittens

New Crisis!!!

HELP!!!!!

First off thanks for all the help on the emulator stuff.

Two days ago I could play all my UMD games without problem. Today I slide a UMD that I have played before on this PSP and it just continues to load and then pops up with an error that says that it can not be read.

I have no idea what to do and am panicking a little bit...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
HELP!!!!!

First off thanks for all the help on the emulator stuff.

Two days ago I could play all my UMD games without problem. Today I slide a UMD that I have played before on this PSP and it just continues to load and then pops up with an error that says that it can not be read.

I have no idea what to do and am panicking a little bit...

is it doing this on all of your UMDs? Most likely it's not a OE problem, but go into recovery mode (hold R while booting up the PSP) and disable NO-UMD. This setting is enabled by default and causes a lot of incompatibility problems.

check the UMD disc for any scratches or dust.. it really seems like the disc went bad if the problem just happened all of a sudden.

ericmittens

Thanks so much for replying...

Tried the NO-UMD thing and it did not work.

Also, it is doing it with all four of my UMD's.

It only happened after I started to put some games on my memory stick (ps1 games and emulators that is).

Is this common with the OE's? Should I try to go back to 1.5 and then reinstall 3.40 OE-A? If so how do I do that? The exact thing it says is "This disc could not be read".

Thank you in advance for helping...

Also my UMD's are all in perfect condition...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks so much for replying...

Tried the NO-UMD thing and it did not work.

Also, it is doing it with all four of my UMD's.

It only happened after I started to put some games on my memory stick (ps1 games and emulators that is).

Is this common with the OE's? Should I try to go back to 1.5 and then reinstall 3.40 OE-A? If so how do I do that? The exact thing it says is "This disc could not be read".

Thank you in advance for helping...

Also my UMD's are all in perfect condition...

no, it's not common. I fear you may have a problem with the UMD drive itself..

to downgrade and reinstall OE follow the guide here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1508

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did I "brick" my PSP?
Or is this just a defect...

no, its a defect.

bricking is when the PSP is completely unusable, usually caused by a firmware problem.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Did I "brick" my PSP?
Or is this just a defect...

"Bricking" the PSP means it doesn't work AT ALL. What you have sounds like a problem with your UMD drive, which would be a mechanical problem. Can you still run homebrew off the memstick? If so, then it really sounds like a UMD drive problem.

ericmittens

Thanks so much. I took back my PSP and got a new one and it now works great. I also looked up on the internet and there are some other PSP's with the same defect.

You are all great!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If any part of the PSP is going to fail early, it'll be one of the MECHANICAL parts... usually one of the buttons, the d-hat, or the analog stick. The UMD is a mechanical system and as such fails more often than other parts as well, just not as often as the buttons.