• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Guide] For all PSP2k users who cant run CFWEnabler because the 5.03 GEN-A Bug!

Gumshot

Heres what i did to fix it :)

What does the Problem do?
the problem with a few v3 mobo users was that they had installed GEN-A correctly and when they pressed the O button the psp Freezed black screen and then Shut off Fully.
After that the people tried too Run the CFWEnabler and that had the same result after 6 hours of Stressing and finding a Fix I got it :)

Enjoy

What caused the problem?
i actually dont know but im guessing it was because i had the CFWE on it before the GEN-A but who knows

The FIX!
what i did to fix my psp2k ta 088v3
1. Format ur PSP Memory Stick using the PSP itself whilst on OFW
2. RESET the psp to factorymode
3. Download an Official ChickHEN R2 Package :) made by Davee and davee's chickhen only not any modded packs or what ever
4. This step may take a lil while but try too run the HEN in any way u want just dont use the Modded Ones
5. Put the m33 CFWEnabler v1.0 on the Memory stick dont try the newer versions just try v1.0 Flash it too ur Flash0
5. Get the 2.10 Version Flash it too ur flash0
6. And last but not at least Flash the 2.51 version on the PSP's Flash0

I hope this worked for you it certainly did work for me :)

Enjoy,

Gumshot

PS: Replace the first letter of my name with a C and it is more Funny :)
PPS : If you want u can +rep me or thank me :)

happydance

Nice! hope this helps people that carelessly flashed their TA88v3 wiithout second thoughts.. wooops! excluding Gumshot since he /she tried to figure a way to fix it :p

i have doubts 5.03 GEN-A on TA88v3 so i tested it out on a TA-85 sice i'm afaird this might happen.

alexn271

when i try to load the 2.10 cfwe it gos into a blank screen then hangs.. tryed to format, did all the steps you did, but it keeps geting a blank screen..????

alexn271

u can run the v1.0 tough?

yeah it runs the 1.0 but when trying to load the 2.10 just sits at a blank screen.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM EST ----------

yeah it runs the 1.0 but when trying to load the 2.10 just sits at a blank screen.

wait i figured it out.. i named the 2.10 folder wrong... what do i name the 2.51folder? to whatever i want.. or does it have to be cfwenabler. another things do wee need to run he 1.0 2.10 2.51 allover again to run the gen a? or just one time

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM EST ----------

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM EST ----------

wait i figured it out.. i named the 2.10 folder wrong... what do i name the 2.51folder? to whatever i want.. or does it have to be cfwenabler. another things do wee need to run he 1.0 2.10 2.51 allover again to run the gen a? or just one time

wait now its just freezes when restarting 2.10 goes into a blank screen, i can still hear the keys move around but the screen is black.. i try to switch the power nob up slitely to go into suspend mode then i try it to turn it back on and thats where its freezes. this is weird.

Gumshot

Well im sorry i cant help ya there i dont have any experience with that try going to 2.51 directly and look what it does about the name it doesnt really matter :)

alexn271

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM EST ----------

wait now its just freezes when restarting 2.10 goes into a blank screen, i can still hear the keys move around but the screen is black.. i try to switch the power nob up slitely to go into suspend mode then i try it to turn it back on and thats where its freezes. this is weird.

ok i figured it out... to load all the cfwe to run... but unfortunately still a black screen when loading the gen a... im about to shoot myself... haha

Gumshot

Just dont use the Gen-A ...

This guide is to get the Cfweenabler working again it doesnt say anything about Gen-A Your on your own there mate :)
just leave it on cfwenabler 2.51.

cjohNNson

and will i be able to play backuped games? it always say data corrupted when i try to load the iso/cso....whats the problem?:S in the system info it says: 5.03 M33...

cjohNNson

confusing:S but the GEN-A wont really help the v3 to get cfw i havent read yet a concrete response
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when i try to start a backup in the m33 mode it says: it wasnt possible to start the game
(80020321)

pr0j3kt

first of all thanks, all the tutorials on the scene arent enought and i'm glad to see people helping each other.
just to say that i too own a TA-88v3 and tried to install GEN-A and occur to me the same problem you had, it would fully reset and i tried doing it for a couple of times and it never restarted as expected.
and i'd never had instal CFW, and that bug gave to me anyway, so i'm starting to think that this new GEN-A probably will only work on 3000. one other reason for me to state this is that one off the times that i was trying to install it i tried to push the "up" key and it was supposed to get out of the app but noting appened, so im thinking that the only thing that the app does is to print into the scren but is doing nothing in the background

Gumshot

confusing:S but the GEN-A wont really help the v3 to get cfw i havent read yet a concrete response
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when i try to start a backup in the m33 mode it says: it wasnt possible to start the game
(80020321)

What you Could try to do is when your on the m33 .

Press select in XMB go to
UMD ISO MODE and Change that to m33 driver :)

I hope it works

Gumshot

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
After updating, would I be able to go to 3.51?

EDIT: Thought it would on my 3k, but, it didn't. :argh:

Sooo.. Nvm.