• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resident Evil 2 now WORKING on 3.40 OE

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The best RE game ever is now working on 3.40 OE thanks to graz68 ! No more freeze at the police station.

I tested this on the US Dual Shock version of the game (also is confirmed working on the JP version by graz98), all you need to do is make sure the GameID of the disc is changed to SLPS01222 when creating the eboot.

Settings:
re2work.jpg

Proof:
re21.jpg
re22.jpg
re23.jpg

Krelian

That's... it?

So this whole time all anyone ever needed to do was change the Game ID to the Japanese version? :huh:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So this whole time all anyone ever needed to do was change the Game ID to the Japanese version? :huh:

yeah lol, amazing isn't it. Sony must've put in specific patches for certain GameIDs.

edit: yep, I was right. I did some digging in pops.prx, take a look at Mathieulh's post for the full game list.

Mathieulh

Developer
Here it is :p

NTSC-U

SCUS94900 - Crash Bandicoot
SCUS94476 - Hot Shots Golf 2
SCUS94103 - Jumping Flash!
SCUS94167 - Jet Moto 2
SCUS94200 - Battle Arena Toshinden
SCUS94263 - Bust-A-Groove
SCUS94309 - Jet Moto
SCUS94356 - Cool Boarders - Extreme Snowboarding
SCUS94455 - Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade Mode NTSC-U
SCUS94640 - Syphon Filter 3
SCUS94426 - Crash Team Racing
SLUS00543 - Colony Wars [Disc1of2]

NTSC-J

SCPS10007 - Jumping Flash!
SCPS10011 - Sengoku Cyber - Fujimaru Jigokuhen
SCPS10012 - Hermie Hopperhead
SCPS10021 - Jumping Flash! 2 - Aloha Volume of Baron Large Weakening
SCPS10026 - Arc the Lad II
SCPS10029 - I.Q. Intelligent Qube
SCPS10036 - Pet in TV - Ganbare Morikawa Kun 2nd
SCPS10051 - Devil Dice (XI - Alea Jacta Est)
SCPS10063 - Jet Moto '98
SCPS10071 - I.Q. Final
SCPS10074 - Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke
SCPS10087 - Tomarunner
SCPS10093 - Minna no Golf 2
SCPS10096 - Panekit - Infinitive Crafting Case
SCPS10103 - Jumping Flash! 3 - Robbit Mon Dieu
SCPS10116 - Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade
SCPS10118 - Crash Bandicoot Racing
SCPS10130 - Tiny Bullets
SLPS00015 - Twinbee Taisen Puzzle Dama
SLPS00017 - King's Field
SLPS00025 - Battle Arena Toshinden
SLPS00028 - Jigsaw World
SLPS00040 - Tekken
SLPS00152 - Yaku - Yuujou Dangi
SLPS00330 - Taiyou no Shippo - Wild Pure Simple Life
SLPS00400 - Tobal No.1
SLPS00555 - Soul Edge
SLPS00689 - Yaku Tou - Noroi no Game
SLPS00875 - Quiz Nanairo Dreams - Nijiiro Machi no Kiseki
SLPS01010 - Kaze no Klonoa - Door to Phantomile
SLPS01056 - Spectral Force
SLPS01156 - Momotarou Densetsu 7
SLPS01222 - BioHazard 2 [Disc1of2]
SLPS01236 - R-Types
SLPS01237 - Bust-A-Move - Dance & Rhythm Action
SLPS01490 - Brave Fencer Musashiden
SLPS01611 - Mikagura Shoujo Tanteidan [Disc1of4]
SLPS01724 - Mobile Suit Gundam - Char's Counterattack
SLPS01749 - Lunatic Dawn III
SLPS02180 - Dino Crisis
SLPS02334 - Silent Bomber
SLPS02600 - Mr. Driller
SLPS02693 - Migi Hadari U-Sa
SLPS02728 - Breath of Fire IV
SLPS03562 - Jaleco Collection Vol.1
SLPS91019 - A. IV Evolution Global [PlayStation The Best]
SLPM86007 - Vandal Hearts - Ushinawareta Kodai Bunmei
SLPM86052 - Konami Antiques - MSX Collection Vol.1
SLPM86062 - Konami Antiques - MSX Collection Vol.2
SLPM86123 - Bishi Bashi Special
SLPM86192 - Silent Hill
SLPM86774 - Ganbare Goemon - Ooedo Daikaiten
SLPM86581 - Tetris, The [SuperLite 1500 Series]
SLPM86916 - Dragon Quest IV - Michibikareshi Monotachi

Krelian

And this is...?

So this is a list of games that have specific issues unless you use a specific Game ID?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So this is a list of games that have specific issues unless you use a specific Game ID?

yup exactly :smile: Possibly the GameIDs can be used on other games as well.. I've heard reports of the RE2 ID fixing the freeze problem in FF8.

Krelian

Interesting... very interesting.

I've played a bit of the Silent Hill I ripped without any issues...
Should I remake my EBOOT using SLPM86192 as my GameID?
This is a great development but it sure makes complications when trying to compile compatibility lists...
It'd be nice to see the database in PSX2PSP updated to take advantage of these developments (or is it already?) I've never used the "Apply patches" checkbox in PSX2PSP (what's that used for anyway?)
Heh heh, sorry about all the questions, I'm pretty psyched to play RE2...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've played a bit of the Silent Hill I ripped without any issues...
Should I remake my EBOOT using SLPM86192 as my GameID?
This is a great development but it sure makes complications when trying to compile compatibility lists...
It'd be nice to see the database in PSX2PSP updated to take advantage of these developments (or is it already?) I've never used the "Apply patches" checkbox in PSX2PSP (what's that used for anyway?)
Heh heh, sorry about all the questions, I'm pretty psyched to play RE2...

I'd only change it if you're having issues with the game. Apparently Brave Fencer Musashi is also working with the RE2 ID. Haven't tested yet though too busy with RE2 :biggrin:

the "apply patches" box is for PAL compatibility (not needed anymore since the new pops support PAL)

wasqa

Hey, found out about this through QJ.Net

Thanks for the info and list, but would anyone have a code for Final Fantasy 8?! :)

UnknownEnemy

:biggrin:

me 2 :smile: wat about bugs bunny? will this work on it?

edit: YES!!! but its slow mo... i used SLPS01222, tryin more codes :)

edit2: wtf? its not working anymore!!! using SLPS01222 again, an it freezes after language select...

edit3: nvmnd, still slow, cant understand y, I BET THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT DOESNT WORK!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, found out about this through QJ.Net

Thanks for the info and list, but would anyone have a code for Final Fantasy 8?! :)

apparently SLPS01222 fixes the random freezing problem in FF8. Give it a try.

Byakuya

Well, the German Version of Resident Evil 2 works with this trick too.
But i only use the Claire Disc and it works ^.^
I'm Happy now!

Vheissu

Thank you for this info.!

I wonder if this will work for Chrono Cross and Legend of Legaia too? I love those games... My PSP freezes on the lizard boss part at the beginning of the game and in Legaia on the Healing Leaf part

Also for the person who used this trick for FF8: did you use SLPS01222 as well?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
this just screws up my pops compatibility list....although the release of 3.30 and 3.40 OE's didnt help...ah well :D tis great news though...i think i shall try it out later :p

delorean88mph

Resident Evil 2 (PAL-UK BOTH DISCS) Confirmed Working, Audio Fixed And No Crash At The Cop Shop.
Happy Playing Britain!
P.S - DOES N E ONE KNOW OF A DISC ID FIX FOR RESIDENT EVIL DIRECTORS CUT?? THE AUDIO GLITCH BUGS ME!!! CHEERS GUYS!!!
DELOREAN88MPH
PSP>>2.60>>2.80<<1.50>>3.02 OE>>3.02 OE-B>>3.10 OE-A>>3.40 OE-A>>4GB MEM

minister_bob

Question: I have the FF8 cd rip and every time I try to change the GameID it refuses to boot. I'm on OE 3.40-A and I am using PSX2PSP v0.7.1 to do the conversion. I have it set to create the GameID folder with 0 compression and no special images included. I change the GameID in the first window to SLPS01222 and I also change the output folder to match that. Am I doing something wrong? This is originally the same image I used to get up to the Dollett Comm Tower final fight, so I know it worked at one point. Any suggestions? Thanks again for figuring out these "hacks" and getting more games working all! Woo hoo!!

delorean88mph

MISTER BOB, THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OFF IS THAT YOU HAVE ALSO USED THIS GAME ID FOR RES EVIL 2, OR ANOTHER GAME THAT HAS BEEN MADE BY YOU, WHICH IS CONFUSING THE SYSTEM, WHICH IS STOPPING FF8 FROM BOOTING. IF NOT I'LL DO SOME HOMEWORK 4 YA, JUS LET US KNOW.
DELOREAN88MPH
PSP>>2.60>>2.80<<1.50>>3.02 OE>>3.02 OE-B>>3.10 OE-A>>3.40 OE-A>>4GB MEM

minister_bob

Alright I got the game booting again (I was trying to just use PSX2PSP to convert the EBOOT.PBP from one GameID to the other, but instead I ripped the ISO out of the eboot and then reconverted it with the new GameID) but I am wondering how I can use the old memory cards (which were using the original SLUS GameID) with the new eboot (which is using SLPS01222). Is this where I would use some sort of cheat system to load the memory card into ram and then save onto the new one or is there some way to convert the "old" memory cards to the new system? Thanks a bunch for the info!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
umm,just had a thought in reference to this game ID fix.....

it'd muck up the gamesaves....having multiple games with one name will mean any time you play one game and save it,then play another game and save that,you'd lose the progress for the 1st game.....

:|