• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

`~PSN File Sharing Thread~`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
`~PSN File Sharing Thread~`

IMPORTANT:You can only share one of any of your accounts with four other people! Many people confuse this and think that you can only share one of any of your games with five other people. Simple: one account can only be registered on 5 PS3's.

Background info:

Sony made a feature in the Playstation

Adiuvo

Do you know if you can get more passes? I used mine all up without being aware of a limit, and now if my PS3 ever breaks I won't be able to redownload my stuff without begging Sony's customer service.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
Im not to sure if you can get any more passes, I will do some looking around and see if there is a way though. If your ps3 does break down though, if its not a hdd problem, you might be able to pop the hdd out and just replace the console. I wonder if that would work?

Bill

I think the hdd's encryption is based on a hardware key.

Hellcat

Contributor
Do you know if you can get more passes? I used mine all up without being aware of a limit, and now if my PS3 ever breaks I won't be able to redownload my stuff without begging Sony's customer service.
That's the big, big downside of this way of sharing, IMHO not a good idea for your main account.

A (IMHO again) better way would be that like five people who want the same game throw together the money, create one account only used for buying this single game and then share login credentials for it.

That way one can also redownload the game if it get's deleted from the HDD - you can't be sure to be able to the way this thread works.

Also, if the PS3 breaks and even IF (highly doubfull though) HDD swapping works (gotta try that one day) you're out of luck redownloading....

Just my 2ct :)

Adiuvo

Hard drive swapping doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm not to worried, just curious. Haven't really heard of PS3s breaking besides the lemon consoles. Customer service would probably cut you a break too, especially if you can prove you've spent a bunch of money on the store. I still have all of the credit card statements proving I've bought things.

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
Still looking for Burnout Paradise full game and DLC bundle, also Killzone 2 DLC/Warhawk DLC and Super Stardust HD. 3 trades left guys.

You can see everything I have at the bottom of the first post.

Kairu

I've only got 3 or 4 PS1 Classics....
CTR
Crash Bandicoot (1st one)
Destruction Derby
And one more i can't remember.

Time to ring Sony for mah PW.....

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
Adiuvo,

Im pretty sure the only way to get another pass is if you erase your account off one of the 4 other ps3's it is registered on.

Hellcat

Contributor
Adiuvo,

Im pretty sure the only way to get another pass is if you erase your account off one of the 4 other ps3's it is registered on.

Sort of.
You have to log in with the account the PS3 should be "removed" from and then choose "Unregister" or "Disable" or similar from "Account Management".

All content on the PS3 coming from that account will then no longer be usable and the account has another free spot for reg'ing another console.

Whisper

Logic :(
I had a lot of games on my 40 gig hdd from trading. Recently I moved to a 320 hdd and it kept me from playing games I got from trading. Does anyone know a solution?

Hellcat

Contributor
I had a lot of games on my 40 gig hdd from trading. Recently I moved to a 320 hdd and it kept me from playing games I got from trading. Does anyone know a solution?
Tried making a backup of the old HDD and then restoring it onto the new one?
That should transfer everything from the old to the new....

Adiuvo

Sort of.
You have to log in with the account the PS3 should be "removed" from and then choose "Unregister" or "Disable" or similar from "Account Management".

All content on the PS3 coming from that account will then no longer be usable and the account has another free spot for reg'ing another console.
You would need their password again, in that case, right?

Colm

REMEMBER: On your PSP, the system is different. You CAN download games from one account, but you can't use games from another account until you activate it for that account, and you can only have one account activated at a time. This is NOT reccomended for PSP games, or PSone games for the PSP.

B

Bizarre

I got Wolf3d and CoD map pack 2 up for trades, looking for anything good.

user friendly

Just a heads up, didn't know where to put this and didn't really feel like starting a new thread but manhunt psp is free on the UK PSN store.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just a heads up, didn't know where to put this and didn't really feel like starting a new thread but manhunt psp is free on the UK PSN store.

I just checked everywhere and couldn't find it. Whereabouts in the store is it located?

Edit - I did a search for it and found it. Manhunt 2 for PSP only, free of charge.

Great tip user friendly.

user friendly

Are you checking with your PSP or PS3? Not sure as I'm at work but I would try both, I think you have to search by name.

Edit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.