• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Well, I need some help.

shadowforte

So I plan on getting a PSP in the next few months,and I do not get all the home brew junk. Lets start out with this. I have a bunch of NES games(RoMS) on my computer that I would like to play on my PSP. How do I go about doing that? I also need to know how to get SNES,Genesis,GBA,N64 and PS1(ISO) games on there.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So I plan on getting a PSP in the next few months,and I do not get all the home brew junk. Lets start out with this. I have a bunch of NES games(RoMS) on my computer that I would like to play on my PSP. How do I go about doing that? I also need to know how to get SNES,Genesis,GBA,N64 and PS1(ISO) games on there.

well for each console,you'd need to download the corrosponding (spelling?) emulator built for psp. snes9xTYL is good for SNES but it still needs work....dGen is ok for Megadrive/Genesis games if i remember...gPSP is just amazing for a GBA emu...Daeledus (spelling?) from what i hear runs ok without sound but still needs work.... and PS1 is built in and pretty well documented for compatibilty and such.....

there are various guides on here i think for homebrew and emulators...

roymustang

In a few months huh? Well I don't know with what firmware PSPs are shipping with these days but if it's over 3.03 you won't be able to do anything, and if it's between 2.81 and 3.03 you'll need an unpatched copy of GTA: Liberty City Stories to do anything. If I were you I wouldn't wait too long.

shadowforte

Well I guy will trade me his PSP with 2.71 on it and a 512 MB Card (Will suit me for right now) for my Ipod(And if I get a PSP, there would be no need to have a Ipod). How easy is it to brick it while instaling firmware?

Krelian

Use only as directed.

Following the guide on the forum you shouldn't have any trouble...
I've downgraded four 2.71 PSPs without an worries at all...

For best results when performing ANY upgrade/downgrade on flash REMEMBER:
Before you start it's not a bad idea to Restore Default Settings in your PSPs System Settings.
Be sure to use only a good quality memory stick and Format it in your PSP before beginning.
Have a full battery and even plug in your wall adapter for good measure.
And of course NEVER INTERRUPT THE FLASHING PROCESS!