• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.5mb extra space on flash0

Roe

Doing this guide access's the flash memory. There is always a slight chance of bricking but if you follow the instructions to a tee it will work perfectly. This guide will also disable the use of Chinese, Korean and Japanese fonts. Trying to use them will give you the error "The game could not be started (987654322)".

OK. Now we can do this the fast way, or the slow way. The fast way is to use the application that Team aXr^2(me and Acerthief) made, or the slow way is to follow this guide I've written. You can find the app HERE

1. Go into recovery mode by holding the R shoulder pad when turning on your psp.

2. Go down to advanced and in there go to "Toggle USB (flash0)".
NOTE:If you are having trouble accessing flash follow my guide HERE to fix it

3. On your computer there should be six folders. Copy and paste all the folders into a folder and name it flash0 backup.

4. On your computer go into font. This next step is called "dummying" a file.

5. Open up "gb3s1518.bwfon" in Notepad or a similar program and delete the contents. Save it

6. Now download this file View attachment jpn0.zip , extract it and put it in the font folder. Say yes to overwrite.

7. Exit recovery mode and if all went well you should have 2.5mb more space on flash0. Perfect for customizing.

If you have any problems just post below and I will be happy to help.

XkillaX

Thank you, I was about to use a flasher program but seems this will be more sure of me, and I know what's going on.

Edit: Thank you, it worked perfectly. :)

XkillaX

Although, I do have a question, since I haven't paid much attention until now..

Does doing this change the font in games such as Ace Combat: Skies of Deception, I played it and the writing seems to have changed, maybe I'm imagining though.

Thanks in advanced.

Roe

Although, I do have a question, since I haven't paid much attention until now..

Does doing this change the font in games such as Ace Combat: Skies of Deception, I played it and the writing seems to have changed, maybe I'm imagining though.

Thanks in advanced.
If the font is in Korean,Chinese or Japanese, then yes it will affect the font.

XkillaX

Thanks for your reply, I guess I can live with the small change. By the way, I use have the north american psp

PlayerH04

Question

When you say copy and paste all files to "flash0 backup" am i copy and pasting to my desktop or in add a new folder where the 6 other folders are... this might seem like a dumb question but i cant get mine to work so im checking every little detail of your tutorial... which by the way thanks for giving me a place to start. i think i did every thing you said except this part i didnt copy and paste anything... i just changes it when the 6 folders came up after i enable "flash0." im sorry again if this sounds dumb but im pretty excited to get everything working... im thinking of just going back to 3.40 OE-A. let me know... thanks

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
When you say copy and paste all files to "flash0 backup" am i copy and pasting to my desktop or in add a new folder where the 6 other folders are... this might seem like a dumb question but i cant get mine to work so im checking every little detail of your tutorial... which by the way thanks for giving me a place to start. i think i did every thing you said except this part i didnt copy and paste anything... i just changes it when the 6 folders came up after i enable "flash0." im sorry again if this sounds dumb but im pretty excited to get everything working... im thinking of just going back to 3.40 OE-A. let me know... thanks

Uh, man, if you've already done the rest of the directions then it's too late to back up your flash0 files. You were supposed to copy and paste the 6 folders into a folder on your desktop named 'flash0 backup', but since the files are already changed, you would be backing up the modified flash0, which is pointless.

PlayerH04

actually...

i did what i thought was common sense first... i backed up "flash0 backup" with all the folders that were there to my desktop before i started this... i was just checking to see if i did that wrong.. but i guess i didn't... good thing too because even though i cant get it to work... i can try it again and again, starting from the beginning.

im really sorry if im bugging you... i just dont want to try and resell this because i cant get it to work... but your the only one helping so thank you.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
i did what i thought was common sense first... i backed up "flash0 backup" with all the folders that were there to my desktop before i started this... i was just checking to see if i did that wrong.. but i guess i didn't... good thing too because even though i cant get it to work... i can try it again and again, starting from the beginning.

im really sorry if im bugging you... i just dont want to try and resell this because i cant get it to work... but your the only one helping so thank you.

You're not buggin' us here, we're here to help.:smile:

As for what you did, my bad, I guess I misunderstood what you had said the first time- You did everything right, although I don't know why it isn't working, unless you use Chinese or Korean fonts, if you do that then that's why it's not working- this process deletes them.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Hey roe, perhaps you want to update the thread with new links in the guide post.:)

Roe

It's a bit outdated for the latest firmwares, but updated with working links.

chemist

Staff infection
For windows users who are trying to do the backup of the Flash0 and dont see six folders go to tools>view. Check the Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recomended). Once your done messing with your flash you can revert to your normal settings.:)

Acerthief

Does this still work on the newer firmwares like 3.90M33? because i only have 4 files on mine

Do this:
For windows users who are trying to do the backup of the Flash0 and dont see six folders go to tools>view. Check the Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recomended). Once your done messing with your flash you can revert to your normal settings.:)