• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] PS3Pong v0.1

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I give you the first Homebrew game for native GameOS. I coded it in about 12 hours. It's not very good and I ran into some problems, but only coding wise. Game works fine as far as I've tested.

README said:
* Hi people, I'd like the thank the person who leaked this sdk, Sony, and Lady Gaga.
* Sony: please provide indie devs with something other than Linux (which is gone now) kthnx
* Also, please don't pirate games. Lets make this the best homebrew community since the PSP.
* - Lachrymose :)
* Controls: Up / down - Move
* Cross - Pause (not working)
* Bugs: Must do a hard reset on exit. Probably an easy fix.
* Next Release: 2 player!

If someone is interested in creating some sort of team, I'm very interested. PM me and we can go from there. I may also start idling in irc but I've been saying that for years.

Screenie:
NxsMMl.jpg

Download: on my twitter

If people could tell me how this runs on their tv that would be amazing.
Just realized enemy AI sucks it. Will fix later.

Hellcat

Contributor
Very nice, very nice indeed.

Do you directely mash up the framebuffer or are you using GFX API?
If so, which one?

SilverSpring

Let's just hope the open source ps3sdk will come soon enough so people don't have to illegally risk releasing homebrew made from the SCE sdk.

You should also be careful in where you release your app, places like ps2dev.org for example won't allow homebrew created with the SCE sdk to be posted on their forums. There'll be other places that won't allow it either.

Hellcat

Contributor
Thread cleaned up and OT posts moved into a seperate thread

Please continue the discussion in there and keep this one on topic, thanks ;)

// EDIT: This snippet (from me) still belongs in here:

OK, I tried it :)
Quite nice for the first HB ever (I don't count that Pirate-Manager as HB).

Is it intention that the title says "Test"?

Tested on two TVs:

4:3 CRT: the paddles of both players are off-screen
16:9 LCD: nicey :D (The "S" of "Score" is 50% off-screen though)

Any chance of getting a lurk-in at the source? :)

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Source, Sure. I plan on cleaning it up tonight.

I'm aware I shouldn't release illegal things, haha. I'm going to contact xbins and have a friend who has some off shore servers. I'm using the graphics API psgl. It's a lot of fun, and very simple.

Hellcat

Contributor
Source, Sure. I plan on cleaning it up tonight.

I'm aware I shouldn't release illegal things, haha. I'm going to contact xbins and have a friend who has some off shore servers. I'm using the graphics API psgl. It's a lot of fun, and very simple.
Oh, nice :)
VERY nice actually, as I need to dig myself into PSGL as well, so your source might give me a good starting point (delaying this step for too long now).

Hellcat

Contributor
That's what I hoped (it being like OpenGL - well the name suggests it somehow) as PSPGU is similar to GL as well it might be not too hard to get used to it.... that sounds promising....

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, it's been worked on :)

We already got a compiler toolchain (not too big yet, but a start), we already a HB .SFO editor, .PKG making tools is being worked on and someone wants to make an .ELF->.SELF converter.

Having all that got together, "all that is left" is to fill up on includes, syscalls/API-calls and libraries.