• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi BioWare Delays Mass Effect 3 Into 2012

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
me3delay.jpg

One of this fall's biggest high-profile releases - Mass Effect 3 - has been pushed back into 2012, developer BioWare announced today. While a specific reason was not given, the company issued a statement over the setback today, reinforcing its commitment towards quality.

"The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations." said Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson.

As far as release window goes, BioWare is aiming for a launch within the "first three months" of 2012[...]

Continue reading: BioWare Delays Mass Effect 3 Into 2012...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm not entirely surprised, their last release was early on in the year (January last year) so it would only make sense that they bump it up to around Jan 2012 in order to avoid the heated competition this fall is most likely to bring again (Gears of War 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Skyrim, etc.)

EDIT: Oh and I originally was expecting this title to come out in 2012 anyways, wasn't expecting a 2011 release at all (heck I almost forgot it was originally pinned for this fall)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't care as long as the game gets improved with the extra time, just like the Gears 3 delay.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
After DA2, they can't screw up anymore just for quick bucks really. But I'll likely let you in on what I thought of DA2 over the weekend with a review.

EA really needs to stop wanting to push quick sequels for quick bucks. It's been proven they can get good games out there under any Developer banned (Criterion, BioWare, Visceral) but they need to give the devs a few more months for their sequels or they will crash and burn. 16 months to make a sequel to the awesome RPG that was DA: Origins is NOT enough... if you want to surpass the original.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i always felt that 2011 was too early, granted, this is only pushing the game back a few months, but i feel confident that the devs well use the extended time well.

El Diablo

Yeah Kezra but sadly they are in the buisness of making money. They know people will continue to buy "unfinished" quickly rushed out games so they continue to make them, and sadly the majority of people are happy with/just don't care. I don't expect them to make quality games anymore.

When I say them I mean developers in general, and the publishing companies rushing them out.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah Kezra but sadly they are in the buisness of making money. They know people will continue to buy "unfinished" quickly rushed out games so they continue to make them, and sadly the majority of people are happy with/just don't care. I don't expect them to make quality games anymore.

When I say them I mean developers in general, and the publishing companies rushing them out.

Don't be so quick to judge EA though. They made had two awesome sequels in Hot Pursuit 2010, Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 recently. They do get overconfident and ask developers to churn out quicker development times which isn't always a bad thing depending on the game. In the case of games like Mass Effect 3, they just can't afford a screw up.

Still, they'll never be as bad as Squeenix.