• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.50 Hello World!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
helloworld_illuminati.png

Fanjita and co have done what many thought to be impossible. Today Noobz have released the first-ever, working homebrew on all firmwares! Yep, that includes even firmware 3.50.

[blockquote2]Based on Lumines, the "Illuminati" exploit is a user-mode exploit using a buffer overflow in the savedata file - similar to the GTA exploit.[/blockquote2]

So if you've got a copy of Lumines (the UMD disc), then you can run homebrew on your PSP, no matter what the firmware version is. Currently, the only homebrew compatible with 3.50 is this Hello World demo, but in the future Noobz intends to release a new HEN and downgrader!

Props to team Noobz!

Download Illuminati Exploit

Beware of the Illuminati - Firmware 3.5 Exploit [Noobz]

J

Junit

lumines will be sold out world wide :O , but there will probly be a patched version

shadowthor

Yep, should get myself a copy :D for just incase I need it. Now I don't have to worry if Im getting a different colour psp with the highest fw :D.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nice work! too bad you still need a game for it. when does the company usually start selling patched version?

Lumines was one of the first PSP games released, there's so many copies out there. More than GTA even. Likely scenario: Sony will release a firmware update to patch it.

BTW, here is a video :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTqMwVkssUE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTqMwVkssUE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Great news indeed! I need to pick up a couple... my bro's bday is coming up in a few weeks and I think he's getting a PSP this year. :wink:

Acerthief

what version update is the game? i'm asking my sister to bring it back when she's coming back from canada. i'm sorry but my answer of my last reply wasn't answered, heh.

when does Sony usually start selling patched version?
Thanks in Advance.

shadowthor

Does anyone know where to get it from Toronto, Canada? Im interested to get it for my future psp, that i plan to get to pry my brother's hands off mine.... :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what version update is the game? i'm asking my sister to bring it back when she's coming back from canada. i'm sorry but my answer of my last reply wasn't answered, heh.

when does Sony usually start selling patched version?
Thanks in Advance.

The version doesn't matter, just make sure it is a US or EU copy. No one has tested with a Japanese copy yet...

I dunno when Sony will sell a patched version, or if they will at all. I guess if they did, it would take at least 1 - 2 months before the new version hits store shelves.

Tenshigami

My friends have been notified, and tomorrow, my coworkers. :D

If you don't have Lumines, the sooner you buy it, the better. Sure, it could take quite some time for a patched version to hit shelves. But procrastination can lead to more procrastination, until it's too late. Though, waiting for the downgrader to be released is probably safe enough.

Acerthief

My friends have been notified, and tomorrow, my coworkers. :D

If you don't have Lumines, the sooner you buy it, the better. Sure, it could take quite some time for a patched version to hit shelves. But procrastination can lead to more procrastination, until it's too late. Though, waiting for the downgrader to be released is probably safe enough.

The version doesn't matter, just make sure it is a US or EU copy. No one has tested with a Japanese copy yet...

I dunno when Sony will sell a patched version, or if they will at all. I guess if they did, it would take at least 1 - 2 months before the new version hits store shelves.

okay thanks. i'm telling my sister to buy it in three days. i'll catch up. :biggrin:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
So this is what you meant earlier, x3, you sly sucka.:biggrin:

chemist

Staff infection
This is awesome.
Its also kinda wierd that teh day my brother was calling local gamestops for Gta:LCS unpatched version we find out that a new exploit has been found.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

shadowthor

Looks like I must go hunting this month and find one before the patches come out, lol. I can finally get a silver or blue psp from japan :D.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Ha thats hilarious. If someone wanted to they could make a fake one and then try to bring their games sales up like a bunch. Not sure if thats fraud though. I don't really need this maybe I might get one to help out friends but if I ever need one I can go down the street or rent it really a play it up for my friends :)

Roe

I was away for 2 days and this happens!!!!! I should go away more often 8) Now I can give my friends the good news that they can downgrade their psp soon.