• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Daedalus PSP R12 Released - N64 Emulator For PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mario64omg.jpg

It's a great day for PSP owners, first the 3.50 downgrader, and now Strmnnrmn has released the latest build of his N64 emulator for PSP - Daedalus R12!

R12 features a few compatibility fixes, specifically aimed at Goldeneye and Super Smash Bros. However, Strmnnrmn notes that these fixes may affect other games as well. Good news is that the dynarec for Super Smash Bros. has been fixed, and the game runs at a very playable 30 - 40 FPS. Still not full speed, but getting there. Hit the jump for the full changelog and download the new Daedalus build below.

# [!] Fixed issue preventing Goldeneye from being loaded.
# [!] Fixed dynarec for Goldeneye.
# [!] Fixed dynarec for Super Smash Bros.
# [!] Fix various texturing issues with 4bpp and small or non power-of-2 textures.
# [!] Fix TexRect instructions with negative s/t components.
# [!] Fixed the HUD in Mario 64 (broken in R11.)
# [!] Fixed lights in F3DEX2 microcodes.
# [+] Correctly implement instruction fetch exceptions, improving compatibility.
# [+] Improved floating point compatibility.
# [+] Correctly handle mask_s/mask_t tile values.
# [+] Implemented a few custom blend modes.
# [+] Screenshots just cover visible viewport.

Download Daedalus PSP R12 / Changelog

Daedalus PSP R12 Released [Strmnnrmn]

xxpanda109xx

so what

I don't find this to be exciting news at all. I have downloaded every one of Daedalus' N64 Emulator revisions since I first got my PSP and have yet to see a single N64 ROM run even remotely well. So far every new Daedalus Revision (if thats what the R stands for) has made no discernible difference in the ability of the PSP to play N64 roms.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't find this to be exciting news at all. I have downloaded every one of Daedalus' N64 Emulator revisions since I first got my PSP and have yet to see a single N64 ROM run even remotely well. So far every new Daedalus Revision (if thats what the R stands for) has made no discernible difference in the ability of the PSP to play N64 roms.

Sure, most games are not playable yet. Still you don't think it's exciting that the emulator manages to improve with every release?

Compare running Mario 64 in R1 to R12, you will see a huge difference. It's going to take time before games are running full speed, but hey, at least he is letting us test out each build.

Also, Super Smash Bros. runs quite good with sound off and 2 frameskip.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Yeah, seriously, man, don't knock the emulator. That just grinds on me, people complaining about emus 'n' such:mad1:. THEY'RE FREE, c'mon, you have no right complain, man.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
This is a great birthday present. A very great one and just so you know according to what I'm hearing at elast 4 games run close to perfect. This guys working his butt off for free. Like cheese said don't knock things that are free. Try to do better. I'm downloading and trying goldeneye and super smash bros asap. Happy birthday indeed.

Cheezeball99

This is a great birthday present. A very great one and just so you know according to what I'm hearing at elast 4 games run close to perfect. This guys working his butt off for free. Like cheese said don't knock things that are free. Try to do better. I'm downloading and trying goldeneye and super smash bros asap. Happy birthday indeed.

Well, not to get offtopic, but happy Bday canadajames!:thumbup1:

Roe

Everybody now

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
YOUR NEW NAME IS CJ,
BECAUSE CHEEZEBALL SAID SO.

HIP HIP..... HOORAY
HIP HIP..... HOORAY"

Yeah happy bday dude

Roe

:w00t: Party at CJ's house!!!!!

And now back to the topic. This thing is soooo cool!!!! I tryed Goldeneye for a few mins and it played pretty well.

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
I Could Never get Goldeneye to even work with the other revisons!
I always thought tht mario 64 was playable...Dont Be mean about it!

Richlando

Mario plays really good, if the sound ever picks up it would be great.

But seriously, a previous build of (R9 maybe) in regards to Zelda OoT had the graphics working for indoors (shops etc.) but it's still broken for R12..so sad.

I do actually have a dumb question..the exspansion pak issue. Is this a seperate graphic dll or something or is the pak already in the emu or the rom itself? Always wondered.

Krelian

Not a VMU.

No, you're describing a memory card.
The expansion ram was the little red block you plugged into the console itself to give it more RAM.
Example: N64 4M RAM Expansion Pack

Cheezeball99

Indeedily deedily do, canada. Because the N64 could render the stuff, but didn't have enough RAM to store all the textures. But I'm sure they planned all along, or else they wouldn't've made the slot for it in the first place. Stupid marketing ploys.:glare:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Indeedily deedily do, canada. Because the N64 could render the stuff, but didn't have enough RAM to store all the textures. But I'm sure they planned all along, or else they wouldn't've made the slot for it in the first place. Stupid marketing ploys.:glare:

Funny enough, they ran into the SAME problem SEGA did - the vast majority of console owners will never update their console. It's why Sony puts everything into their console, then trims features as later versions are released. Whatever is the limit of the first console released will be the limit for the majority of games bought.