• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This is a step by step guide for installing the new Devhook 0.52 along with 3.11 firmware.

1. Remove all previous devhook files from your memory stick.

2. Copy the devhook 0.52 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running OE, make sure that the DH052 folders are going into the GAME150 folder.

3. Download the 3.11 update here.

4. Get PSARDumper here. Unpack it and move the program to your GAME folder, or GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.11 update you've downloaded with PBP Unpacker. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

6. Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.11. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

7. Open up your memory stick, you will now see that there is an "F0" folder in the root. Move that to the "311" folder inside of "dh".

8. Finally, choose "FIRMWARE" from the devhook menu and pick 3.11. Now start devhook and you should be good to go!

Enjoy :)

AstroBoy

Just followed this guide and everything came out as success! :cool: Nice guide, easy to follow and understand.

delta191

cocked up!

I have dark alex's 2.71 SE C firmware
I had boosters devhook 0.50 working

I followed your instructions to delete my devhook folder
followed all the instruction to the letter, all seemed ok until I try to boot up devhook as instructed in step 8.
when I try booting devhook up the psp logo screen comes up with the white background.
My psp freezes with the logo screen, then shuts down. it does this everytime I try to boot up devhook.

Any ideas?

wish I'd stuck with my pevious setup now! :eek:(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have dark alex's 2.71 SE C firmware
I had boosters devhook 0.50 working

I followed your instructions to delete my devhook folder
followed all the instruction to the letter, all seemed ok until I try to boot up devhook as instructed in step 8.
when I try booting devhook up the psp logo screen comes up with the white background.
My psp freezes with the logo screen, then shuts down. it does this everytime I try to boot up devhook.

Any ideas?

wish I'd stuck with my pevious setup now! :eek:(

make sure you are putting devhook in your 1.5 GAME folder, not the 2.71 GAME folder.

delta191

me again! lol

Yes you was correct, didn't know it had to go in the game150 folder! it wasn't mentioned in the step by step instructions! maybe you should mention it in your instructions buddy.

I now have another question! lol

in instruction 8. it says something about uninstalling flash 1 if you have flashed using a previous dev hook install.

I had devhook 0.50 with 2.71 SE C, does this mean I have to run the dev hook flash 1 removal?

cheers

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes you was correct, didn't know it had to go in the game150 folder! it wasn't mentioned in the step by step instructions! maybe you should mention it in your instructions buddy.

I now have another question! lol

in instruction 8. it says something about uninstalling flash 1 if you have flashed using a previous dev hook install.

I had devhook 0.50 with 2.71 SE C, does this mean I have to run the dev hook flash 1 removal?

cheers

yep, but only if you installed to flash1 with devhook 0.50.

delta191

Working! thank you for helping so quick!

Thanx for your help EXOman!

It's now working on DARK_ALEX's 2.71SE C!

brilliant! your a genius!

Cheers to DARK_ALEX, BOOSTER and the eXophase! :)

If it's any help to your step by step guide for others to follow with 2.71 SE C.

maybe you should mention putting these files in the GAME150 folder would help the
idiots like me! lol

It did make me cock up the proccess!

PSP\GAME150\ __SCE__DH051BETA
PSP\GAME150\ %__SCE__DH051BETA

cheers again!

I wonder if Sims 2 Pets will work now! and maybe Celabas Africa safari?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sims 2: Pets works fine I heard but about the safari game I believe there is a bad dump floating around. Someone with the UMD should test that one..

Anyway, I will update the guide with that info :)

delta191

brill

sims 2 pets ran on my devhook 0.50 and indeed off the memory stick with 2.71SE C, thats until it got to actually "start a new game selection" it then just keeps playing the music and the memory cards red light busy light continually flashing but the game had actually frozen.

I dont know of anyone who has got Cabelas Africa safari hunts working! I agree that their are some bad dumps out their!

You dont know if you have a bad game dump or Devhooks got bugs! it's hard to distinguish
which party is to blame!

Torrent sites should take the dumps that are faulty off the downloads!

probably being paid by sony to keep them on their! lol :eek:

thanks again.

NFC9225

is there any chance of bricking ur psp when doing step 8. Does it just write to the f1 folder in ms0:/dh/301/f1 or does it write to ur psp's flash?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is there any chance of bricking ur psp when doing step 8. Does it just write to the f1 folder in ms0:/dh/301/f1 or does it write to ur psp's flash?

PSP's flash1, but there is no chance of bricking with flash1 if you follow this guide.

Cyph3r

NOOOOOO i gotto the bit when you install to flash1 and its got to

Mkdir flash1:/dh/301/GPS : OK
---- Directry ms0:/dh/301/f1/DIC

but its been stuck on this for about 5 minutes now, WHAT DO I DO!?!?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
NOOOOOO i gotto the bit when you install to flash1 and its got to

Mkdir flash1:/dh/301/GPS : OK
---- Directry ms0:/dh/301/f1/DIC

but its been stuck on this for about 5 minutes now, WHAT DO I DO!?!?

could be finished? Hit O and see if that takes you back to the dh menu. If not, shut your PSP off and turn it back on.

Make sure if you installed a flash1 config in the 2.82 devhook to remove that first..

Venomous

Has anyone been able to return to your 1.5 FW from the memstick....everytime I try it says I need the 1.5 reboot.bin. Is it possible to get this?

Cyphre

I have done it according to your guide with success. My PSP now boots FW3.01 but everytime I'm doing a 'reboot' or exit from any game the system loose all the FW3.01 settings and asks for date/time etc. Is it a feature of the current devhook or am I doing somtehing wrong?

Cyphre

I have done it according to your guide with success. My PSP now boots FW3.01 but everytime I'm doing a 'reboot' or exit from any game the system loose all the FW3.01 settings and asks for date/time etc. Is it a feature of the current devhook or am I doing somtehing wrong?

Ah, found the answer! Replying to myself(and for people who could have same problem):
"this happens because, for some reason, sometimes a blank file gets saved in the f1/registry folder. To fix it, erase the f1 folder and copy the original one that came with devhook, remove the settings from flash, and then flash again"

omiclops

Oh no help please, mine hangs on the white psp white screen and reboots, im using 1.50 FW, please help, i did everything, did i do sumthin wrong