• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Boot Loader For Pandora's Battery Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
batterypsp.jpg

BOOSTER has released an enhanced version of his normal boot loader tool, which enables users to boot normally with a Pandora battery inserted.

The new release, dubbed Multi Boot Loader, now allows users to choose from up to five IPLs installed on the memory stick. This means that it is now possible to have a Pandora memory stick which boots normally, but also can enter service mode when needed.

[blockquote2]How to use.

1.Copy bootfile to "ms0:/ipl/ipl_xxx.bin" of MsProDuo which installed MultiLoader.
(see "RECOVERY_LOADER/readme.txt" to boot padnora's "Magic Memory Stick")

2.Power off the PSP.

3.Hold LTRG and allow key to select boot file,or LTRG off to normal boot.
LTRG+UP -> load/run "ms0:/ipl/ipl_up.bin"
LTRG+LEFT -> load/run "ms0:/ipl/ipl_lt.bin"
LTRG+RIGHT -> load/run "ms0:/ipl/ipl_rt.bin"
LTRG+DOWN -> load/run "ms0:/ipl/ipl_dn.bin"
LTRG -> load/run "ms0:/ipl/ipl.bin"
other -> normal boot from internal NAND flash.

4.Insert "JigKick Battery".

The MS and WLAN LED are flashing when boot file are missing or boot error.
[/blockquote2]

Download Multi Boot Loader For Pandora's Battery

Jaynb

Does this mean that we no longer need 2 batteries, so that you can use the 1 battery as normal and as a Pandora?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does this mean that we no longer need 2 batteries, so that you can use the 1 battery as normal and as a Pandora?

Yup.

Jaynb

Awesome, I wanted to start using Pandora but couldn't justify getting another battery just yet. I was hoping they would make something like this!

(Thanks BOOSTER!) :biggrin:

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
isn't the unable to enter to sleep mode caused by the wrong ipl? so wouldn't it be possible to make it use the correct ipl to sleep?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
isn't the unable to enter to sleep mode caused by the wrong ipl? so wouldn't it be possible to make it use the correct ipl to sleep?

from my understanding... the PSP has a read-only pre-ipl that is booted before the actual IPL. If the battery serial is 0xFFFFFFFF, then pre-ipl will boot the IPL from the memory stick, if not, then it will boot the IPL from flash.

That being said, I'd say its not possible since code cannot be executed before the pre-ipl starts. So you couldn't really tell it load a different IPL based on the fact you are resuming from sleep mode.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Well i hope there'll be a sleeple multi boot loader anyhow. That'll save me from sacrificing my sony original battery.

Maniakc

It will work with sleep mode, I just figured out that when you put it on sleep, if you hit the power switch again, but while holding L down, it seems to resume where you were!

Acerthief

will this only work with 1800mah 3.6v or can it work with others like 1200mah 3.6v

Here you go:
Known compatible batteries:

* Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack
* Datel PSP Battery 3600mAh 2X
* Datel PSP Battery 1800 MaxPower
* Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
* Atomic Battery Pack 3.6v 1800 mAh

capsgram

Here you go:

so you if am HEARING YOU CORRECT, a person would still have to crack open your battery and unhinge a part of it , but you can still use it as a normal battery with this multi-boot, right???? and you would still need A MAGIC STICK AS WELL?

THANKS!!! IF ANYONE REPLYS

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so you if am HEARING YOU CORRECT, a person would still have to crack open your battery and unhinge a part of it , but you can still use it as a normal battery with this multi-boot, right???? and you would still need A MAGIC STICK AS WELL?

THANKS!!! IF ANYONE REPLYS

Yeah, it'll work, but you may be better off just following the most recent universal unbricker guide here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

If you install the magic memory stick files as detailed in the above guide, the PSP will boot normally with a Pandora battery inserted, unless the UP button on the D-pad is pressed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor