• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Releases 3.71 M33-3, Updated Popsloader

Nomo

psplogo4.jpg

Dark_AleX has released 3.71 M33-3, a crucial update for all 3.71 M33 custom firmware users. Included in the new update is an updated build of popsloader, which allows users to run all versions of pops (the PSP PSone emulator) for increased compatibility.

Additionally, the update features various changes and bug fixes, all of which are detailed in the changelog below:
[blockquote2]Requirements:

- 3.71 M33 1 or 2

Installation:

Copy the update folder to X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE and run it.

Changes:

- Fixed a bug in access to flash by usb.

- HEN core: kernel PRX’s with syscall exports work again.

- PSP Slim: programmers can set the size of user memory to 52 MB by using a sfo flag.
Check sample in SDK for usage.

- March33 NO-UMD driver:
* Fixed a bug that could hang the psp when exiting with home.
* Fixed compatibility issue with Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, and maybe more games.

- Vshmenu: it wasn’t displaying properly with psp slim TV-OUT due to the change of resolution.[/blockquote2]

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33-3 Update

Richlando

This is awesome, especially the end of the readme..."Support for encrypted&packed files is planned for the future."

The future? Sounds like someone has plans for just that.Thanks to DA as always and to X3 for bringing us news such as this in such a speedy fashion..

Raymond_N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Included with the release is a new version of popsloader:

Requeriments:

- 3.71 M33-3 or higher (until sony makes it not to work again :p).
It won't work in prior versions of 3.71 M33, because it needs a function from 3.71 M33-3.

Changes:

- Support for 3.71 and 3.72 pops has been added. Note that 3.71 however will not appear in the
list in 3.71 M33 as it is not necessary.

List of files needed for each version:

3.00-3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10-3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.40-3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

The files must be decrypted. (use square in psardumper). Support for encrypted&packed files is planned
for the future.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question, what is popsloader, I never added the plugin before and was still able to play PS1 games. Is popsloader a better vesion of PS1 emulator or is it needed to play certain games.

and where can I find these files required to use it
3.40-3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Included with the release is a new version of popsloader:

Requeriments:

- 3.71 M33-3 or higher (until sony makes it not to work again :p).
It won't work in prior versions of 3.71 M33, because it needs a function from 3.71 M33-3.

Changes:

- Support for 3.71 and 3.72 pops has been added. Note that 3.71 however will not appear in the
list in 3.71 M33 as it is not necessary.

List of files needed for each version:

3.00-3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10-3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx

The files must be decrypted. (use square in psardumper). Support for encrypted&packed files is planned
for the future.

I have a question, what is popsloader, I never added the plugin before and was still able to play PS1 games. Is popsloader a better vesion of PS1 emulator or is it needed to play certain games.

and where can I find these files required to use it

Popsloader allows you to run older versions of the PSone emulator (or newer, in the case of 3.72 pops).

To get those files you need to use PSARDumper:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3508

Basically, to use PSARDumper, get any firmware update EBOOT, make sure it is named EBOOT.PBP and copy it over to your memory stick drive. Then launch PSARDumper from the game menu and press SQUARE to decrypt all. All files from the firmware will then be extracted to a folder called F0 on the memory stick.

So for example, if you wanted to install 3.72 pops, you'd copy over popsman.prx, pops.prx, pafmini.prx, and libpspvmc.prx. Then rename each file with a 372 prefix at the end (e.g. popsman372.prx)

XsavioR

This is awesome, especially the end of the readme..."Support for encrypted&packed files is planned for the future."

The future? Sounds like someone has plans for just that.Thanks to DA as always and to X3 for bringing us news such as this in such a speedy fashion..

Couldnt have said it better + rep

Richlando

Sweet!! The revisions made to the M33 driver are very good, Castlevania and Silent Hill Origins load even faster, cool.

icedman204

does this patch only support the Slim? as in we dont have 1.5 Kernal if we're using the PSP Phat. Judging from the change logs, it's mainly all PSP Slim Supported? or if the 1.5 Patch does work, can we still install it on this one or is it not valid, if it isn't really Valid, yeah few of these updates look promissing but alot of it seems to only gear towards PSP Slim users. So if It removed the 1.5 Kernal on PSP Phat's then i'll just stick to 3.71M33-2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
does this patch only support the Slim? as in we dont have 1.5 Kernal if we're using the PSP Phat. Judging from the change logs, it's mainly all PSP Slim Supported? or if the 1.5 Patch does work, can we still install it on this one or is it not valid, if it isn't really Valid, yeah few of these updates look promissing but alot of it seems to only gear towards PSP Slim users. So if It removed the 1.5 Kernal on PSP Phat's then i'll just stick to 3.71M33-2

No, if you already have the 1.5 kernel patch installed you can still install this update. Also, after updating the 1.5 kernel patch does not need to be re-installed.

Sure, some of the updates are geared towards Slim users, but it's also worthwhile for Phat users because of popsloader, and for the USB flash writing bug fix.

homn

My phat psp is 3.71 M33 version 2. Can I update to this 3.71 M33-3? If not what is the firmware version of my psp must be on?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My phat psp is 3.71 M33 version 2. Can I update to this 3.71 M33-3? If not what is the firmware version of my psp must be on?

Yes, it says in the post that it's for all 3.71 M33 users, that includes 3.71 M33-2.

homn

Yes, but in the readme there is a part that reads "3.71 M33-3 or higher (until sonye makes it not to work again :p). It won't work in prior versions of 3.71 M33, because it needs a function from 3.71 M33-3.". But okay I will go ahead with the update...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes, but in the readme there is a part that reads "3.71 M33-3 or higher (until sonye makes it not to work again :p). It won't work in prior versions of 3.71 M33, because it needs a function from 3.71 M33-3.". But okay I will go ahead with the update...

That's referring to popsloader... it's a plugin that allows you to run older PSone emulator versions. D_A has brought back support for it in 3.71 M33-3.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
such it's just an update,it wouldn't get rid of the 1.5 patch,would it?...

Acerthief

such it's just an update,it wouldn't get rid of the 1.5 patch,would it?...

Ah HA caught you didn't read the posts before asking!
nah jkjk.

No, if you already have the 1.5 kernel patch installed you can still install this update. Also, after updating the 1.5 kernel patch does not need to be re-installed.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
does this patch fix the problem with connect psp to a ps3 version 2.0

No. You have to copy two prxs from 3.72 into 3.71 to connect to the PS3. I read a thread on this over at MaxConsole, but didn't pay too much attention since I don't have a PS3. I forget the names of the prxs, but you use PSARDumper to dump them from the 3.72 EBOOT, then copy them into your flash. It was confirmed working by two different people. You'll have to look into it a bit more yourself. The above is all I know about it.