• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PicoDrive For PSP - Genesis and Sega CD Emulator

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
test10.jpg

Homebrew developer Notaz today unleashed the initial release of PicoDrive for PSP, a Sega CD and Genesis (Mega Drive) emulator. The author notes that most Genesis games are running full speed in this release. Certain Sega CD games will not run well but speed can be improved by enabling frameskip.
[blockquote2]This is yet another Megadrive / Genesis emulator for PSP, but with Sega CD / Mega CD support. Although it has been originally written having ARM CPU based devices in mind, it has now been ported to PSP too, by replacing ARM specific parts with portable C code. The base code originates from Dave's (fdave, finalburn) PicoDrive 0.30 for Pocket PC. The Sega/Mega CD code is roughly based on Stephane Dallongeville's Gens.
[/blockquote2]For detailed installation instructions and how to prepare your Sega CD games for use with the emulator, refer to the included readme file.

Download PicoDrive For PSP

PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP [DC Emu]

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I was wondering when he'd release that. Someone had pointed me at PicoDrive when I first started work on my own SEGA emu, and the author PMd me to request I not work on it because he was. I hadn't really planned to, so that was easy enough to agree to. :)

This will make a lot of folks happy. :biggrin:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
It REALLY works well - makes DGen look like a pile of c--p. :biggrin: Even plays the SEGA CDs really well. The main three CDs I play are all full speed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Indeed, this emulator is awesome. Runs Castlevania: Bloodlines at a smooth 60 FPS :D

Kwipper

Oh..my... god.. this dev finally was able to make the PSM sound go properly in sync and retain full speed! YAY! This is a keeper! Bye Bye DGEN and PSP Genesis. You've just been replaced.

danknugz

games i have tested that work:
AD&D Eye of the Beholder
Ah3 Thunderstrike
Amazing Spider-Man vs. Kingpin
Cobra - The Space Adventure (U)
Demolition Man
Dragon's Lair
Dungeon Master II - Skull Keeper
ECCO 2
Ground Zero Texas
Heart Of The Alien 1+2
Heimdall
Hook
Keio Flying Squadron
Lawnmower Man
Lunar- Silver Star Complete
Lunar 2- Blue Star Complete
Mansion Of Hidden Souls
RDF Global Conflict
Star Wars-Rebel Assault
rise of the dragon
Robo Aleste
samurai showdown
secret of monkey island
slipheed
snatcher
Sonic CD
soulstar
space ace
Star Strike (U)
star wars chess
starblade
terminator
theme park
third world war
vay
Wing Commander

NOT working:
Dark Wizard ( Gives an incompatable mp3 error :confused1: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!)
Dune ( i get a crc error with every copy ive found, not the emulators fault!)
Funky Horror Band(J)
Novastorm
syndicate ( freezes up after into)

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
These games work at full speed (Mega Drive):

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Sonic 1
Sonic 2