• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-5 Update

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an update to PSP custom firmware 3.80 M33. Now at 3.80 M33-5, the latest release fixes a bug that prevented custom CPU settings from working in games. Additionally, users can now opt to hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG menu images from displaying in the XMB game menu via a setting in the recovery menu.
- Fixed custom CPU clock not working in games
- CPU clock has never (in any SE/OE/M33) be set at all in games that restarted using sceKernelLoadExec to use a subgame or reload themselves,
after said restart happened (e.g. Castlevania). Fixed.
- Added setting to recovery to hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in the XMB game menu
By default off, when on you will probably notice a faster browse in XMB games.
This setting only applies to any kind of apps/games (pbp, iso) that load from MS, but not to UMD's.

As usual, this update can be downloaded from Network Update, which requires an active WiFi connection, or directly below. Updates are cumulative, so you can safely skip installing previous updates if you are still running an earlier 3.80 M33 release.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-5 Update

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

Gwapingn8

Dax is the KING!

anyways, question for the people...
Remember those classic emulators?
NES, SNES, GENESIS.... i have had that
since 3.40 OE.... but since I came over
to m33... i seemed to have lost the ability
to play them... i'm on 3.80 m33, update 5.

i'm able to play NES, but not the SNES or GENESIS.... is there something else I need to
be doing? Do i Have to download another type of
emulator? please someone inform me. thanks.

Acerthief

Dax is the KING!

anyways, question for the people...
Remember those classic emulators?
NES, SNES, GENESIS.... i have had that
since 3.40 OE.... but since I came over
to m33... i seemed to have lost the ability
to play them... i'm on 3.80 m33, update 5.

i'm able to play NES, but not the SNES or GENESIS.... is there something else I need to
be doing? Do i Have to download another type of
emulator? please someone inform me. thanks.

Did you put the 1.5kernel add-on? It's recommended for phat users.
Slims can't use it though.

Gwapingn8

yup.... that's the only way to make the NES work.. but for some reason I only get the black screen when I load up the SNES and Genesis.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Gwapingn8

sounds good x3sphere, i'll go and check those out.. thanks for the guide of how to make a universal unbricker by the way, it worked like a charm... just made a homebrew out of one for my son.. thanks dude!