• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to determine fake Sony memory card (with pictures!!)

Delapsp

Click the pictures to enlarge!

Hi, well, this is hopefully going to be helpful to people somehow :D

There are loads of FAKE Sony memory stick pro duos on eBay and even in Amazon so beware!

Here's a good guide from aussieram on how to detect FAKE memory cards : http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/FAKE-Sony-Memory...000000001535763

Well, I wrote this since I was a victim of buying a FAKE one from Amazon UK so I just wanna spread the info. When I read aussieram's guide, it made me think if mine was genuine or not. I went to a Sony Shop near my flat and, voila!, I found out that mine was fake. At first I was not quite convinced until I saw it myself. Ultimately, what made the difference was the TRANSFER SPEED on the cards.

The link above should give you enough info on this but I have included my own pics for additional info. Also, these pics are for the 4GB memory pro duo.

PIC 1
The hologram: FAKE is TOO SHINY compared to GENUINE; FAKE DOES NOT have a VERTICAL LINE in the hologram.
The phrase

paulagent

FAKE has 3839MB; GENUINE has 3876MB

If you can still use the fake one and it has that much space on it, then i dont see the problem!
Does it not work properly?

Luffy Sama

if I have a fake one can't I run the iso games ???
if can please help
though I have ver 3.90 m33-3
it is giving me error 80020148
PLEASE HELP