• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Patch For Loading 3.71 FATMS Driver On 3.80, 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Patch For Loading 3.71 FATMS Driver On 3.80, 3.90 M33 Version 2

psplogo4.jpg

Following the release of custom firmware 3.80 and 3.90 M33, some users experienced lag when loading compressed files and plugins from the memory stick, an issue that did not exist in previous firmware releases.

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released a patch that allows users to load the original 3.71 fatms driver on 3.80 and 3.90 M33 series firmware, which if installed, will resolve this issue.

Note that while this patch will increase memory stick read speed, the 3.71 fatms driver will require use of more kernel memory. For installation instructions refer to the included readme file.

Update: Version 2 is now available, fixing a bug that prevented access to the music, picture and video folders.

Download FATMS Driver Patch For 3.80 and 3.90 M33 v2

jedsteroo

Hi, i extracted using PSARDUMPER for 3.80 M33 together with my 3.71.PBP in my root of my ms. After takin' out fatmsmod.prx from F0\kd to the root folder and when i run the application, it says "ms: \fatmsmod.prx has an invalid md5, use a decrypted or encrypted and not sigchecked." when i ran PSARdumper, i chose Decrypt all files. I tried with Encrypt all files with no sigcheck. didn't work too. anybody can provide me with the fatmsmod.prx file for me to directly extract it into my root ms?

kazuya123

Hi, i extracted using PSARDUMPER for 3.80 M33 together with my 3.71.PBP in my root of my ms. After takin' out fatmsmod.prx from F0\kd to the root folder and when i run the application, it says "ms: \fatmsmod.prx has an invalid md5, use a decrypted or encrypted and not sigchecked." when i ran PSARdumper, i chose Decrypt all files. I tried with Encrypt all files with no sigcheck. didn't work too. anybody can provide me with the fatmsmod.prx file for me to directly extract it into my root ms?
Have you renamed the 3.71.BPB into EBOOT.PBP?

AznSaiyan

uhm how to use it? I have an eboot but if i put it in my game file it wont show up. how do i install this?

dmhchew

I need help too.. how to extract the file safely? i found out that it will semi brick the psp if it is done in the wrong way. thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
uhm how to use it? I have an eboot but if i put it in my game file it wont show up. how do i install this?

You need the fatmsmod.prx file from firmware 3.71. Use PSARDumper to get it.

@dmhchew: Just use WinRAR or 7-zip to extract it. It's a standard RAR file.

dmhchew

sorry. i am really a noob in doing it. I dl fatmspatchv2, M33_NEWPSARDUMPER and 371.PBP. I extracted the EBOOT.PBP from M33_NEWPSARDUMPER and paste it into the root of MS with 3.71.PBP. So what is the next thing i should do? I need help in getting fatmsmod.prx using PSARDUMPER? thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nope, it is illegal to distribute.

Just make a folder called PSARDUMPER in PSP/GAME and drop the EBOOT.PBP in there. Then run the application from the PSP's Game menu. Choose to dump encrypted and it'll create an F0 folder on the memory stick once finished. The fatmsmod.prx file will be in there.

solarnoise

I can't believe there aren't more detailed instructions available anywhere...

Guys. do I have to be RUNNING 3.71 on my PSP or can I just extra the file from a 371.PBP?

Illegal Machine

I can't believe there aren't more detailed instructions available anywhere...

Guys. do I have to be RUNNING 3.71 on my PSP or can I just extra the file from a 371.PBP?

Decrypt 3.71 DON'T sigcheck ( I made that mistake and had to decrypt it again after I deleted everything)

find the file you need, place it in the root of the MS (NOT MP_ROOT)

run the patcher

hail DarK_AleX

webnapster

can I use it on a FAKE Memory Stick? or maybe use a original MS to extract the file and then copy it to the FAKE one?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can I use it on a FAKE Memory Stick? or maybe use a original MS to extract the file and then copy it to the FAKE one?

Not recommend to use a fake memory stick. The file is installed to the PSP's flash memory, so why not use an original memory stick for the entire installation process?