• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP TimeMachine v0.1 - Load 1.5 Kernel On Slim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has announced the initial release of TimeMachine, an application that allows users to load previous firmware releases from the memory stick using Pandora.

Currently, TimeMachine supports loading the following firmwares:[blockquote2]* Original 1.50 (Phat only)
* 1.50 mixed with 3.40 modules. (Phat and Slim)
* 3.40 OE (Phat only)
* 3.60 M33 (Slim only)[/blockquote2]Support for additional firmwares will be added in the near future. Be sure to refer to the included readme file for detailed installation and setup instructions.

Download TimeMachine v0.1 / Install Guide

FlareStarchild

3.90 m33-2 , 1.5 Kernal

Any news if this will work for 3.9 m33-2 and if not when that version of Time Machine will be out? I dont have a pandora battery to change my firmware back to anything else. Also I have a slim.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any news if this will work for 3.9 m33-2 and if not when that version of Time Machine will be out? I dont have a pandora battery to change my firmware back to anything else. Also I have a slim.

It already works on 3.90 M33... the list above displays the firmwares that TimeMachine can load. You'll need a Pandora, there's no way around that. TimeMachine doesn't modify your flash - it loads the firmwares from memory stick.

FlareStarchild

The reason I was wondering is because some of my PSX games dont work like Parasite Eve 2 and Metal Gear Solid 1. How do I get those to run properly?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The reason I was wondering is because some of my PSX games dont work like Parasite Eve 2 and Metal Gear Solid 1. How do I get those to run properly?

No need to use Time Machine for that. You can simply use popsloader, which allows load your PSOne games using any of the different firmware POPS versions from 3.00 to 3.72.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

Although I think Metal Gear Solid 1 works fine with the 3.90 pops that is built into 3.90 M33. Sure the file isn't corrupted? You could test it in a PC PSOne emulator to check...

As for Parasite Eve 2, you'll need to use the 3.10 pops using popsloader. Plus, the GameID needs to be changed. Look here for more info:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2040

FlareStarchild

No need to use Time Machine for that. You can simply use popsloader, which allows load your PSOne games using any of the different firmware POPS versions from 3.00 to 3.72.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

Although I think Metal Gear Solid 1 works fine with the 3.90 pops that is built into 3.90 M33. Sure the file isn't corrupted? You could test it in a PC PSOne emulator to check...

As for Parasite Eve 2, you'll need to use the 3.10 pops using popsloader. Plus, the GameID needs to be changed. Look here for more info:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2040

Man thanks a bundle! :D

donsammy

is there any guide on this.

im confused on the pandora thing.i need a pandora on psp to run time machine???
a pandora on a slim???

it says that it runs from pandora bat, but it goes on MS

Acerthief

Well Time Machine doesn't touch your flash, only your IDStorage.

When you want to boot up the firmware on your memory stick, you need the Pandora. Same thing if you want to turn on the firmware on the memory stick from sleep mode. So I'd say always.

donsammy

Well Time Machine doesn't touch your flash, only your IDStorage.

When you want to boot up the firmware on your memory stick, you need the Pandora. Same thing if you want to turn on the firmware on the memory stick from sleep mode. So I'd say always.

thanks for the info and quick response

vectra25

Help please

Hi, i have tried to install the time machine on my psp official firmare ver 3.90. but when i go to game folder andmemory stick, i click on the time machine app, it reboots and then says "the game could not be started (80020148)

I have tried so many different methods, but im so stuck. to be hones im a bit of a novice when it comes to this, but i really want to do it for my lad.

can anybody help.

thanks