• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Savegame-Deemer

Hellcat

Contributor
Savegame-Deemer
Save and Load of unencrypted savedata :D:p
(from any game)
********** + ********** + **********
a CFW plugin by ---==> HELLCAT <==---

Huh?
Back in the 1.50 days we could use tools like "Shines Savedata Tool" to dump/decrypt and resave gamesaves.... and edit them inbetween ;)

Since FW 2.00 a few more security measures got put into the FW to prevent messing around with the savedata.

Well, while trying something different - but related - I created this CFW plugin.

This plugin makes the PSP to save the savedata in unencrypted from alongside the normal, encrypted data, and also loads it back in on savedata load operations.

OK, here's the thing:
While this plugin is active, on every save operation, there's a second set of savedata written to
/PSP/SAVEPLAIN
on your memstick.
The folder layout in there is pretty similar to the one in the original /PSP/SAVEDATA folder, only that everthing in here is plain and unencrypted.

You can then edit your heart out on your savedata, on the next load the unencrypted (and maybe edited ;)) version will be loaded instead of the normal/encrypted one from /PSP/SAVEDATA.

If no unencrypted version exists for a savegame, the normal one will be used as if nothing ever happened.

More details can be found in the readme.
Read it, especially when having trouble, as there are a few "confuseness" causing things are mentioned in there....

:tup: Finally we're back at good ol' gamesave cheating

UPDATE 19.02.2008:
v1.10
  • Did some major internal changes due to huge compatibility issues when actually running/using the plugin.
    Should be way more stable now, hopefully running on 100% (or at least 99.9% ;) ) of the games.
    Also it's only one .PRX now, not splitted in two anymore, since the main .PRX is now a native kernel mode one.
  • The usual minor bug fixes
  • Added a new feature to patch/overwrite the SFO params/info on save (see readme)

How to get it....

/// - [ D*O*W*N*L*O*A*D - v1.10 ] - ///

(Source is available as seperate download, URL is given in the readme....)

Roe

Nice release man, works on all my games except Monster Hunter Freedom, it gives me the error
Code:
Save failed.
(80110388)

Acerthief

Great Ass Job!
Monster Hunter 2 with max power, muhahahaha

sipantek

save game deemer not working on time machine 3.40 oe

I updated my friend's psp to 4.01 m33-2 but his save data become corrupted so I use time machine to boot 3.40 oe, I thought I can use save game deemer to convert the save data to compatible one, but it just won't run on 3.40 oe TM, I have enabled it but I don't get the lag when I save and there is no saveplain folder

noizy0000

deemer help

i have phat psp running 5.00 m33-6 and enabled the plugin and when i save it doesnt create the SAVEPLAIN folder

computerdog

Hellcat, what is the best way to edit the sddata.bin file which is located in the painsave folder?

and also, how do I extract the savegame data from my original save so that I can insert it into the sddata file?

Hellcat

Contributor
Hellcat, what is the best way to edit the sddata.bin file which is located in the painsave folder?
pain save *lol* nice one :D
Anyway, grab your fav hexeditor and go wild.

and also, how do I extract the savegame data from my original save so that I can insert it into the sddata file?
Just load and re-save, it'll get dumped on save then.

computerdog

Haha... painsave! Yeah, it currently feels like it :) Will do a search for a hexeditor but would appreciate a recommmendation.

Also, I don't understand how this will work. Maybe this isn't the correct tool for what I'm trying to do. I currently have a file that won't load because I have upgraded to cfw 5.00 M33-6. I created the saved file when I was running cfw 3.90 M33-2. When I try and load the saved file it says, "Load failed. The data is corrupted." It seems it is only this game as I have managed to load all my other previous saved files from other games.

I have tried using freecheat and SED here but my screen goes blank at step 5.

So x3sphere has suggested this tool but after reading your readme I don't understand how I can get the data out of my original saved file?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hellcat

Contributor
how I can get the data out of my original saved file?
Ah, OK, if you've been struck be the newer-FW-doesnt-load-old-savedata you dont need a hexeditor.

Downgrade to 3.90, load the plugin and save your gamesave again (to get an unencrypted dump).
Update again to 5.00m33 (or w/e) and load (with Deemer enabled) the (unencrypted) gamesave and re-save.

You should then have a new gamesave that works on the new FW and you can disable Deemer again.

jarniboi

I am on 5.50 GEN-D3 and i have deemer installed and enabled via the recovery menu. I ran Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and saved the game.

Then reconnected my PSP via USB to my PC and it had the folder Savedataplain. I opened it up and it only had one file which is ULUS10543.bin and nothing else.

I have no .SFO file or SDATA.BIN. can anyone help please.

I have all plugins disabled and even tried it with smackdown vs raw 2010 it just generates a bin file nothing else. I also do get the lag.