• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Wallpaper Changer

Hellcat

Contributor
Here's a really small one :)

HELLCATs Wallpaper Changer

The name's the deal - this changes your wallpaper for the XMB, no more, no less :p

However you have a few features:
  • Two modes of operation: "Everytime" and "Once per day" (see readme for details)
  • You can set special, predefined images for a specific date (again, check readme)
  • change the XMB background *BEHIND* the waves (a.k.a. 01-12.bmp) - WITHOUT writing to flash! ;)
  • Randomizing/Changing of PTF themes
  • Randomizing/Changing of gameboot
  • Randomizing/Changing of XMB waves
  • Randomizing/Changing of XMB font
(the second one lets you set a fixed wallpaper for the specified date instead of using an all random one)
Everything is done without writing - or even touching ;) - flash0:!

That's it.
Short and painless.
Maybe someone might like it :)

UPDATE 1.20
  • added option to disable PTF changing/randomizing
  • added randomizing/changing of the gameboot
  • added randomizing/changing of custom XMB waves (system_plugin_bg.rco)
  • added randomizing/changing of XMB font
  • added file extension filter for scanning directories
    i.e. it will now only fetch .BMP for wall-/wavepapers, .PTF for themes
    and so forth....

UPDATE 1.14
  • Fixed some lockups during start
  • Fixed another conflict with wavepapers in "Once per day" mode
  • added PTF changing/randomizing :D
  • Added two PC based (Windows) tools for making propper 01-12.bmp replacements (background behind XMB waves) and perfect 480x272x24 PSP wallpapers you can then use with the Wallpaper-Changer.
    Both tools take various image formats in any possible resolution as source images and should make most converting tasks very easy (two mouseclicks, and you're set :))

UPDATE 1.10
  • Added capability of changing/randomizing the background *BEHIND* the XMB wave lines
    (WITHOUT touching the flash0:! So, perfectly save ;))
    Read the notes about this in the readme when having trouble with it!
  • Wallpapers are now finally copied BEFORE the XMB loads, so you see the change imediately, not at the next reboot
  • Major internal changes (making the plugin pure kernel mode and dealing with the consequences), the usual bug hunting and some cleaning up of the code.

Here's the download:
Wallpaper Changer 1.20

Source is included in the archive :)

This PSP CFW plugin comes with two PC based (Windows) tools!
They are for converting images into fitting wallpaper .BMPs or propper 01-12.bmp replacements.
Theese tools take a lot different file formats at any resolution and spit out the propper file with a single mouseclick.
That should make/convert wallpaper or wavepaper images a lot more easy, esp. the wavepapers (01-12.bmp replacement).
Theese tools take care of everything ;)
Check the seperate README in the PC_Tools folder for more details

img-80301_wpcpctools_g-r-full.gif

:)
Meow!

Hellcat

Contributor
Yes, no touching of flash0 :D

The ironic thing is, the actual "redirect" of the background was a pice of cake, it was a nasty sideeffect to the CFW that took me ages to workaround *lol*

Richlando

Very nice, I've actually wanted something like this for awhile now..what about adding a way to do this with the Themes,possible?

Hellcat

Contributor
No, TM is not interfering, but there's a bug I am currently hunting that's causing lockups at start....

Hellcat

Contributor
Update time, first post has been updated :)

Changelog:

• Fixed some lockups during start
  • Fixed another conflict with wavepapers in "Once per day" mode
  • added PTF changing/randomizing :D
  • Added two PC based (Windows) tools for making propper 01-12.bmp replacements (background behind XMB waves) and perfect 480x272x24 PSP wallpapers you can then use with the Wallpaper-Changer.
    Both tools take various image formats in any possible resolution as source images and should make most converting tasks very easy (two mouseclicks, and you're set :))

Richlando

What about the magic memory stick I am using? Would that be a problem? (My other prx I use work though.)I can't wait to try this out,thanks Hellcat!!

Diras

doesnt work for me im 3.90 m33 on a phatty. it changes the background but no waves are on top:confused1:

Col70

Great app mate - wanted to have a different background with the standard waves on for ages.

A couple of questions though...

I'm using the PC Tools to grab my image and resize it etc. Only thing is that the image appears really blurred on the background - why is that?
What steps do I take from image to PC tool to transferring to PSP?

Hellcat

Contributor
For the blurring we can thank Sony.

To get a propper, fully working background .BMP for behind the waves the image must be 60x34 which is then scaled up by the XMB to fullscreen => causing the blurrieness.

It's Sonys way of doing things and saving a few bytes....

[EDIT]
If anyone feels like stress-testing the beta of the upcomming new version, PM me :)

Hellcat

Contributor
* UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE *

Version 1.20
(first post has been updated and contains new d/l as well :)
  • added option to disable PTF changing/randomizing
  • added randomizing/changing of the gameboot
  • added randomizing/changing of custom XMB waves (system_plugin_bg.rco)
  • added randomizing/changing of XMB font
  • added file extension filter for scanning directories
    i.e. it will now only fetch .BMP for wall-/wavepapers, .PTF for themes
    and so forth....

* UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE *

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

january39

eXo Staff
Hey, Nice app - Got hundreds of .ptf, so this is a godsend, thxs.