• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.80 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Requirements

Instructions for downgrading from 2.80
1. Download the 2.80 downgrader files.​
2. Extract the archive and copy all files inside of "MS_ROOT" to your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, click yes.​
3. Navigate to the Photo directory on your PSP, select the HEN_280 folder. If successful you will see a pale blue screen flash, if not - try again.​
screen4.jpg
4. If you have a TA-082 PSP, execute the 1.5 Enabler program on your PSP. When prompted to alter an idstorage key, press X.​
View attachment 292
5. Get the official 1.50 EBOOT, extract it, then rename the PBP file to UPDATE.PBP and copy it into the <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder.​
6. The program will exit to the XMB. Now execute the generic downgrade, which will show in the PSP menu as "Update X.YZ".​
7. Congrats! When the process is completed, you'll have a 1.5 PSP.​

BatFreak

Hey

I did all that, but the update.pbp is coming up as corrupted data :( any ideas would be greatly appreciated

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
did you copy over the downgrader files in MS_ROOT folder?

Dohly

OK. So I copied all the files, then entered the HEN directory in the PHOTO's , the MS becomes very active and the PSP just turns off. Am I doing something wrong

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
OK. So I copied all the files, then entered the HEN directory in the PHOTO's , the MS becomes very active and the PSP just turns off. Am I doing something wrong

no keep trying until you get a blue screen. hen will not always load successfully the first time

Ken08

2.81 suitable?

Hi all,

Is version 2.81 suitable to use the 2.80 downgrade files??

Thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi all,

Is version 2.81 suitable to use the 2.80 downgrade files??

Thanks in advance.

no, 2.81 doesn't have a downgrader, you need to upgrade to 3.03 and use the 3.03 guide.

fgalego

Hi!

I have a psp TA-082 with 2.82 firmware.

How can I downgrade it without brick?

After the downgrade,can I upgrade it as if it was a normal psp?

thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

neoexo

ive been trying it 4 hours and it doesnt seem to be working. i hav a non 82 psp. whenever i enter the hen folder the psp freezes and restarts itself. any help would be appreciated?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
ive been trying it 4 hours and it doesnt seem to be working. i hav a non 82 psp. whenever i enter the hen folder the psp freezes and restarts itself. any help would be appreciated?

Have you tried setting a custom wallpaper? That helps some folks. Also, many report it fails quite often before finally working. You just have to keep trying until it finally does work. One person reported having to try it 50 times before it finally worked, so when it DOES finally work, be sure to do what you need.

hamish

Hey guys sometimes when I try this I get a sorta whitish screen but my PSP is still frozen whats up with that!?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey guys sometimes when I try this I get a sorta whitish screen but my PSP is still frozen whats up with that!?

After running HEN? Well you should see a pale blue screen then it will return back to the XMB.

Might take more than a few tries to get it working.

hamish

This must sound really newbie what but is XMB? is it the main menu?
Oh and I made a background but that doesnt help Ill try and make a picture of what I do so it might help

anyways what im doing is clicking on the photo menu then pressing start then I get a white screen and I have to reset my PSP Ive been doing this for ages and I followed all the guides.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This must sound really newbie what but is XMB? is it the main menu?
Oh and I made a background but that doesnt help Ill try and make a picture of what I do so it might help

anyways what im doing is clicking on the photo menu then pressing start then I get a white screen and I have to reset my PSP Ive been doing this for ages and I followed all the guides.

yep the XMB is the main menu.

and yeah setting a background works for some people.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

hamish

WOOO-HOOOOO I have a version 1.50 PSP! so how do I get HomeBrew games from Nintendo64 and stuff working?