• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Leaked Screenshots Expose SEGA's Sonic Unleashed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Update #2: SEGA officially announces Sonic Unleashed. Coming to the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii this fall.

Update: Following a request from SEGA, we have removed the images.

The recently trademarked, "Sonic Unleashed," has been revealed. Word is that a group of forum posters uncovered a bunch of unreleased media relating to the title on Sega's FTP site.

Judging from the screenshots alone, which were taken at 720p, the title is a prime candidate for a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 release. While official details are non-existent at this point, we have reason to believe that Unleashed will retain the gameplay mechanics of classic Sonic titles with a combination of 2D and 3D graphics, aka 2.5D. Think Sonic Rivals, only without the racing sequences.

SEGA has yet to comment on the validity of the screenshots.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Oh wow. I sincerely hope that these screens are genuine. I would love to see another Sonic game. especially for the PS3 or X360.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
looks good to me.like a proper nextgen game of sonic. some screens don't look like they'd be 2.5D to me though unless the perspective is changed all the time and that particular one was for running into the screen....

would be awesome to redo the sonic the hedgehog 2 special stage that way ;)