• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

OE/M33 Usage Manual ~it's installed now what~

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well, basically the PSP needs different versions of it's 'kernel' to run different homebrew, because they took out the compatibility of the PSP with homebrew to 1.5, so basically you had to trick the PSP into thinking it was 1.5 when you wanted to run homebrew. Any custom FW now, however, it is all automated- messing with the kernel is completely unnecessary, or at least with the OE firmwares, I dunno about M33...

gkid007

So basicly, kernel is the thing to trick your psp's firmware.

What if i wanna play a ripped game that requires fw 2.0 for example, will the kernel have to be changed.

How do you setup the kernel?

Cheezeball99

Kernel is basically what is actually different from firmware to firmware, it's the programming 'n' such that's actually different from version to version. Messing with the kernel is completely unnecessary as long as you have everything in the right folders- 1.5 and 1.0 homebrew in the GAME150 folder, PSX games in the GAME folder, 3.40 or 3.51 homebrew in the GAME340 or GAME351 folder, and ISO files in the ISO folder. As long as you have everything in the right folder everything will work perfectly- if you have an ISO that takes 2.0 FW then just put it in the ISO folder and it will work perfectly. If you still want to mess with it (for curiosity or otherwise) it's in the recovery menu. I dunno exactly where, hold on, I'll check... Configuration>Game Folder Homebrew, that's where you can set it, although I wouldn't personally recommend doing anything if you just want stuff to work right.

gkid007

What if i have a ripped game that needs 3.5 where do i put that?

WHAT YOU said on top is for 3.40OE, right?

Cheezeball99

3.51M33 is the same as an OE. Put it in the ISO folder.

Cheezeball99

But does the kernel have to be changed to run ripped iso's which require 3.40 for example.

No, no you don't, unless you have an OE FW less than 3.40.

Cheezeball99

No, OE FW don't have native support for DAX, and to be honest, I've never even HEARD of JSO, so not on that either. You would have to use an ISO loader, but honestly, you should just convert whatever ones you have into .CSO, it's the best format.:thumbup1:

Cheezeball99

Eh, I suppose it's debatable, but in my personal tests DAX is never smaller than CSO.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
you had to hold R. not sure what the corrupted letters are but it looks like that to me as well :\

Cheezeball99