• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CXMB For 4.01 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
cxmb019.jpg

French-based homebrew developer Miriam has updated the popular CXMB plugin, originally written by Poisonhzkj, with full support for the recently released 4.01 M33 custom firmware. For the uninitiated, CXMB allows users to safely load non-PTF custom made XMB themes from memory stick, rather than by replacing files on the PSP's flash memory.

According to the author, no other significant changes were made in this release, aside from compatibility with 4.01 M33.

Download CXMB For 4.01 M33

CXMB for 4.01 M33 est disponible ! [PSPGEN]

cory1492

<p>decipher: no, ctf themes are usually going to be firmware specific because they embed rco's from specific firmwares. Offsets change when they add new stuff like new icons, so you wind up with a black screen usually. There are ways to extract and update themes, though.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Richlando

<p>Is a default.ctf file supposed to show up in the THEME folder? I have the line in the conf.txt in the cxmb folder along with the required files.I don't get this yet.By traditional theme files is that referring to ptf files? Or just earlier version ctf files?Time to do some reading..and thanks for the link X3!!</p>

Any chance of brickage with this?

decipher

Thanks cory... i did tried it and to no avail, i failed... hahahhahaha as expected...

anyway, hope to have some soon... ei, acerthief, that's nice... be waiting for it...

God bless to all!!! More power!!!

silver_surfer

just to update you guys CXMB 3.2 Official Release for CFW 4.01 m33 is already out.

themes created from CXMB 4.01 by Miriam will not work with CXMB 3.2 unless you hex edit it.

heres the quote from the maker of CMXB 3.2:

Somebody has modified cxmb to work at 4.01, but pity to say that, it used a wrong ctf magic 0xDEAD0400 ( should be 0xDEAD0401 ), so if you had produced some themes with that version, they won't be applied at CXMB 3.2, you can hex edit it at offset 0x10 to make it work.
If you want to contribute to CXMB, just contact me, I will add you to the CXMB google project so that you can commit source, it would save our time, right? Wink
By the way, I can't find the newest PSARDUMPER source, it's a GPL project right? is there a new rule breaker?

New In This Version
1. Add 4.01 capability.
2. Select the random.ctf, then cxmb will randomly apply your themes in /PSP/THEME/
3. Compile universal binary, cxmb.prx should work on 3.71/3.80/3.90/4.01
4. Fix some wrong io opration (I wrote some sceIoClose where there should be sceIoDclose)
5. Clean up sources (yea... I think I did it..)

most of the theme coming out are for CXMB 3.2 Official Release

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

endlessz

<p>can someone please teach me step by step on how to install this theme?
coz it just looks so cool but i'm afraid i'd make mistake on the way and something would not work after that...thanks ^^</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<p>can someone please teach me step by step on how to install this theme?
coz it just looks so cool but i'm afraid i'd make mistake on the way and something would not work after that...thanks ^^</p>

The theme shown in the pic is already included, you can activate it in Theme Settings -> Theme. Of course the plugin must be activated in the recovery menu first.

To install additional CTF themes, just drop the files in X:/PSP/THEME