• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Official CXMB v3.2 For 4.01 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
apollon.jpg

Following the release of an unofficial CXMB compatibility update earlier this week, homebrew developer Poisonhzkj has returned with an official update to the theme-changing plugin, adding full support for 4.01 M33 series custom firmware. And that's not all, this version of CXMB is cross-compatible with earlier CFW revisions, including 3.71, 3.80, and 3.90 M33.

The author notes that users who built themes for the unofficial build will either need to re-package their CTF file or hex edit it at the offset 0x10, replacing DEAD0400 with DEAD0401.

Included in the archive below is both the “full” and “lite” edition of CXMB. If you are simply using CTF format themes created by others, it is recommended to install the latter. Additional themes can be found at the author's site.

Thanks silver_surfer for the tip!

Download CXMB v3.2 For 4.01 M33

CXMB 3.2 for 3.71/3.80/3.90/4.01 CFW [2Alien]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
does the files in the full version of the unofficial release compatible with this one?

You mean the PRX files? Yeah they are. Actually, I will re-upload this archive to include those.

purplekero

<p>i dont get it at all, this means that the other plugin developed bye miryam is not functionally now and the older ctf themes wont work with this version anymore unless tehy are modiffied or something like that? But this plugin is bassically the same the difference is this is developed by the original creator? i hope someone can explain me this a little bit slower (sorry my bad english but im from mexico) im really interested in know what are the main differences i because the main diference i see is tha the plugin now works with different cf, but there's another?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@purplekero: There's a couple bug fixes detailed in the readme file, but aside from that, there's not really a big difference between this and the unofficial version. The reason why older CTF themes are not compatible is because of a version string change.

@fenaralan: Umm... just copy all folders inside of "lite" to the root of your PSP's memory stick. If you already have any plugins installed you're going to want to edit the vsh.txt file instead of simply overwriting it.

purplekero

<p>Ohhh taht's it thanks for the info i was collecting themes for the other plugin i guess i had to start al over again XD anyway thanks</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Richlando

Is there any way to convert previous ctf files? I have one favorite that is supposed to be for 4.01 but looking into it from PspFiler5.2 it's version is listed as 371..oddly enough it worked with the initial release of cxmb for 401M33 but after 3.2 and 3.2.1 doesn't work anymore...it's the Lightning.4.01.M33.ctf of FFXIII that I got from Paradigm or something or other..

I had alot of problems with this newer build,Default.ctf wasn't being created in the THEME folder,just in the CONF.txt. Several themes that worked no longer worked..(understandable though)And I had no clue about having to have a vsh and font folders in the cxmb folder itself,I just had the .prx in the support folder...Trial and error I guess. Now I guess I'll have to find ctf files compatable with this build..anyone know how to convert the previous ctf files? I really would love to be able to use at least the Lightning (FFXIII)one.

I'm listing some files I have in my cxmb folder to see if they are correct and I have the 371,380,390 prx files in the respective folders in the support folder.Are those even viable at all? Seems to me it's possible kinda like using previous pops prx files.Anyway,here's what I got.
Mso://cxmb:cxmb.prx,CONF.txt,FONT (Folder),VSH (Folder)support (Folder)

In the FONT folder is the LTN0.pgf,in the VSH folder is the MODULE and RESOURCE folder.In the MODULE folder is music_browser.prx,PAF.prx,photo_browser.prx,VSHMAIN.prx,and XANDER.prx <--(?)
In the Resource folder is game_plugin.rco,impose_plugin.rco,LICENSE.RCO,msvideo_main_plugin.rco,music_browser_plugin.rco,opening_plugin.rco,photo_browser_plugin.rco,sysconf_plugin.rco,system_plugin_fg.rco,topmenu_icon.rco,and finally topmenu_plugin.rco.
In the support folder is the files that came with the 3.2.1 full folder..(3 prx) and the 371,380 and 390 named folders containing the 3 prx files for each folder..My question is this..what is needed and what is not? I'm thinking the FONT and VSH/MODULE and RESOURCE folders in the cxmb root folder aren't needed and I may have got them along with the Lightning.4.01.M33.ctf (FFXIII)that I had working before..ANY advice,help,links that may help? Sorry for such as long read but I'm in need of some community help...

Edit: I'm looking into some info at the 3,2 official author's site and may find what I need there,but feedback on the extra files I have and such still needed..thanks!!