• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Problem with Datel and Magic Memory

cd-r

Alright, I bought a PSP Phat and ordered my Datel Tool Battery. I fully charged my battery and downloaded the easyinstaller. I followed the directions with the installer and formated my memory stick and finished installing the program. Now when I put the Tool battery in it fails to make my PSP run in service mode. Am I having a conflict because I'm using VISTA or maybe even though I format my 4 Gig memory stick it is still partitioned and I can only recover about 3.8?

Can someone please clarify what I've done wrong? Thanks for the help.

mmproblems.jpg

Right now I'm running 4.01 and when I check connect USB and check my memory card it looks like everything installed correctly but still it fails to run in service mode.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, I bought a PSP Phat and ordered my Datel Tool Battery. I fully charged my battery and downloaded the easyinstaller. I followed the directions with the installer and formated my memory stick and finished installing the program. Now when I put the Tool battery in it fails to make my PSP run in service mode. Am I having a conflict because I'm using VISTA or maybe even though I format my 4 Gig memory stick it is still partitioned and I can only recover about 3.8?

Can someone please clarify what I've done wrong? Thanks for the help.

mmproblems.jpg

Right now I'm running 4.01 and when I check connect USB and check my memory card it looks like everything installed correctly but still it fails to run in service mode.

Try removing the memory stick and boot your PSP with only the TOOL battery inserted. Should boot to a black screen, if not, this is an issue with the battery.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Its just a black screen. So is this an issue with my memory card?

Yes, try using the TotalNewbie installer instead:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVZI5NE4

Some people have trouble installing the IPL under Vista though, while it works fine for others. Don't think anyone has pinpointed the reason as to why. If the same error occurs, are you able to do this on an XP system?

cd-r

Yes, try using the TotalNewbie installer instead:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVZI5NE4

Some people have trouble installing the IPL under Vista though, while it works fine for others. Don't think anyone has pinpointed the reason as to why. If the same error occurs, are you able to do this on an XP system?

That was the first installer I tried to use. And I had the same problem. I chose the Fat PSP option.

Should I connect by USB and just right click delete everything on my memory card?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That was the first installer I tried to use. And I had the same problem. I chose the Fat PSP option.

Should I connect by USB and just right click delete everything on my memory card?

I'd try formatting the card through Windows. Right click on the drive and hit format.

cd-r

Alright, I'm going to try to format through Windows and then reinstall. If this doesn't work I think I have an old computer in the house that has XP installed. I'll try to install from there if this doesn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
After formatting my memory stick is at 3.75, is this normal?

Seems right. You never get the full size of any memory stick due to file system overhead, etc.

cd-r

Ok, its still not working but now my power light is orange when i have the Tool battery in with the AC adapter.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Jake

I think you need to run it as an administrator on vista, but I could be wrong.

cd-r

I solved the problem. I went home and hooked up an old desktop running XP. Ran the easyinstaller then put in the Tool battery and my PSP went into service mode. I downgraded to 1.5 and I'm about to install customfirmware. Thanks X3sphere for troubleshooting the problem with me.