• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Cross Extended ver.1.2

Nefarious

Celestial Troupe
Cross Extended is a plugin that provides detailed information about PSP.

Installation:
1. Copy "crossext.prx" & "ce_config.txt" to "ms0:/seplugins" folder.
2. Add the following to line to vsh.txt and/or game.txt.

ms0:/seplugins/crossext.prx

3.Enable the plugin from the recovery menu.

How to use:

While in XMB or Game, these are default buttons
(VolumeUp + L) to show info.
(Note + R) to take screenshot.

Note: You can change button settings from ce_config.txt.

While in Info displayed,
(VolumeDown) to close info.
(Note) to take screenshot of info.
(Select) to reboot PSP.
(Start) to shutdown PSP.

Author:
Nefarious

I'd like to give my thanks to the following:
Jas0nuk & harleyg from LAN.ST for providing very useful information for idstorage & mobos.
silver_surfer, Illegal Machine, Aero125, soulburn, kyogo, alkartiz & biro from Exophase.com for beta testing.
Hellcat, Insert_witty_name & moonlight from ps2dev for dev tips :)

Version History
1.2 (build date 08/10/2008 )
Features:
- Motherboard identification up to TA-088v1 Slim.
- Added TA-079v1 1g (Tachyon = 0x00140000, Baryon = 0x00020600).
- Added reboot & shutdown function.
- Configurable global buttons from "ce_config.txt".
- Revised user-interface.
- Revised control callback function (for control input issue in TA-079 & TA-088 ).

Known Issues:
- Cannot run in pops.

1.1 (build date 08/08/2008 )
Features:
- Fixed strange control bug when used with other homebrew (notably with PSPFiler, LightMP3)
Due to having race condition on reading control buffers.
making it completely available in games.

- Fixed the limitation for Memory Stick greater than 4Gb.

Known Issues:
- Cannot read control input on other PSP unlike ver1.0, due to the application of control callback.
- Cannot run in pops.

1.0 (build date 08/05/2008 )
Features:
- System information display.
- Diagnostics.
- Built-in screen capture.

Known Issues:
- Cannot display Memory Stick capacity greater than 4Gb.
- Strange control bug when used with other homebrew (notably with PSPFiler, LightMP3)
Seems to have race condition on reading control buffers.

- Cannot run in pops:

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 277
  • cross.extended.v1.2.rar
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,236

aero125

Seems to have a bug.

"Note" could only take screenshot after Crossextend is called up. Without Crossextend activated, I used R+Note. Screenshot was captured, but could not be seen or located in the Camera(picture)/MemStick XMB menu. The new picture info was not updated.

It was only after I either reboot or connect to pc via usb ( I tried both ), the screenshots then got updated and came out in the Camera/Memstick.

There seems to be a delay in registering the screenshots in the system.

I have FusaScr in the psp and I tried doing a screen capture. The result same, with the Camera/Memstick unable to update the new screenshot. When I reboot or activate usb connection to pc, the screenshot was updated.

I put back the v1.2test2, the screenshot worked fine with the Camera/memstick XMB updated the new picture taken instantaneously.

Could it be due to ce-config.txt ?

Nefarious

Celestial Troupe
Seems to have a bug.

"Note" could only take screenshot after Crossextend is called up. Without Crossextend activated, I used R+Note.

As i've programmed, when info displayed.. "Note" button is enough to take screenshot.

On the otherhand when info is not display, combined buttons are good which prevents undesired actions.

Screenshot was captured, but could not be seen or located in the Camera(picture)/MemStick XMB menu. The new picture info was not updated.

It was only after I either reboot or connect to pc via usb ( I tried both ), the screenshots then got updated and came out in the Camera/Memstick.

There seems to be a delay in registering the screenshots in the system.

No, and its normal.. that's how XMB behaves. XMB won't refresh accessing same menu multiple times and

I discovered it myself since before i start creating my own homebrew. From Pictures, switching to Music,

Video or any other menu then go back to Picture will do the refresh trick.

I put back the v1.2test2, the screenshot worked fine with the Camera/memstick XMB updated the new picture taken instantaneously.

Could it be due to ce-config.txt ?

Since v1.0, v1.1, v1.1test, v1.2test, v1.2, the issue of randomly not refreshing Pictures is present and will be always present.

Same behavior to other menu like Music and Videos. As i've said earlier, that's how XMB behaves as what I've observed ever since.

No wonder it's great having something like PSPFiler as an alternative file browser :laugh:

Illegal Machine

Nice one.. Ill try it out later.

the config readme is a little confusing.. so could someone please go into a little detail as to how it works?

Ill read it again in case I read it wrong or just was a dumbass when I read it..
but it seemed like greek to me

I'll update this post later tonight with my feedback ( I KNOW you're waiting anxiously lol)

evil ernie

Worked fine except

Works great for me except when the info screen is open and I press down it seems to lock up.

Awesome plugin, keep up the good work

snap001.jpg

****** EDIT ******
Also works great for taking screen shots in video files

snap003.jpg

SGT4EVA

omg this is my favorite plugin, by any chance how would i add other plugins to the moduale? like the screenshot is built in but how would i add my own?

Illegal Machine

Im getting a little screen flickering... it stops when I clock the processor to 266 and above.

the D-pad bug is still there tho. freezes instantly when I press up or down.

and I still don't understand the config.

but I like it :)

Nefarious

Celestial Troupe
@Illegal Machine & Evil Ernie

D-Pad's waitrelease() function still uses sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive()

which not almost eliminated. Its effect is proven in v1.1 which seems not

efficient on most PSP's.

Nefarious

Celestial Troupe
@silver_surfer

I can see small flicker in my PSP at the bottom "Analog Axis". I've tried 222/266/333 both

vsh and game, still the same.

Plugins in VSH:

ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx
ms0:/HostCore/hostcore.prx
ms0:/seplugins/joysens.prx

Plugins in GAME:

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx
ms0:/seplugins/joysens.prx

Nefarious

Celestial Troupe
@SGT4EVA

I'll be the one will to add Cross Extented modules. It displays additional functionalities

which may vary in versions to come.

And just looking at those slots keeps on reminding me to continue and conceptualize

which new module to add that will be useful and relevant.

[Edit]

Yeah as you've said in my visitor message, this plugin is wickedly sick and so be it.

No one obliged you to use it.

Btw, this thread is the right place for you if you want to post any comments for this

plugin.

holykind

<p>Hi all,</p>
<p>Can the screenshot been done during in game?
I have tried for so many times but it is not working.</p>