• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to work Marvel VS on Firmware 3.10OEa'?

S6A6T6A6N

Does anyone have the Marvel Vs tcg game ISO and know how to work it? I just got it today and when I load it, my psp screen just goes black and freezes.
Is there another way to load this game? Can someone please help me? Thanks.

(btw: I'm using Dark Alex's 3.10-OEa2 does this have any affect on loading the ISO?)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
have you tried disabling the following options in recovery mode?

Plain modules: Disabled
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO: Disabled
Use isofs driver: Disabled
Use NO-UMD: Disabled

just make sure you have UMD in the drive when booting games after turning off no-umd.

S6A6T6A6N

have you tried disabling the following options in recovery mode?

Plain modules: Disabled
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO: Disabled
Use isofs driver: Disabled
Use NO-UMD: Disabled

just make sure you have UMD in the drive when booting games after turning off no-umd.

I'm a real n00b to the OE version, but what is recovery mode? and how'd you get into it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

S6A6T6A6N

Ok, I checked all the things in recovery mode that you've mentioned.
They are the same, as what you've listed, but the game still doesn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, I checked all the things in recovery mode that you've mentioned.
They are the same, as what you've listed, but the game still doesn't work.

okay, and you had a UMD in the drive while testing with the new settings right?

edit: it works fine for me.. Just tested the game.

S6A6T6A6N

okay, and you had a UMD in the drive while testing with the new settings right?

edit: it works fine for me.. Just tested the game.

Yea I did.
How'd you get it to work?

I just realised that I forgot to check the Use NO-UMD: Disabled couldn't find it in recovery mode. Where is it?

EDIT: Found it. Checked it. Still doesn't work. Is your version Marvel Trading Card Game [USA][UMDFull][English][PSP][www.emwreloaded.com].ISO???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yea I did.
How'd you get it to work?

I just realised that I forgot to check the Use NO-UMD: Disabled couldn't find it in recovery mode. Where is it?

Its in Configuration

S6A6T6A6N

Yea, found it, tested it again. Doesn't work. My other ISOs such as, monster hunter freedom, street fighter...etc work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
don't know then, the name of the iso doesn't tell me much..

what is the size of the iso (in bytes)? the full dump from my UMD is 915,668,992 bytes

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The ISO i got is 873MB i dunno what that is in bytes.

well that's the same size so you're fine there..

you can try experimenting with the recovery config (enable plain modules etc) or use DevHook.

the only other problems could be that the ISO is somehow corrupted, a plugin that is loaded is interfering with the game, or your memory stick has a bad block (try formatting it then putting the ISO back on).

S6A6T6A6N

My Psp is Japanese. Does that have any affect on loading the ISO?
I've tried formating my memory stick and then putting it back on. The ISO still won't load.
I don't quite understand how to deal with the "Plugin".
and... is there a place where I can get the defult settings for recovery mode. Just in case I screw some stuff up?

I also realised something. You know how when you scroll over your ISOs, you get a background image of the game? My MARVEL TCG.ISO doesn't have that background. Does that mean that the ISO is kinda corrupted?

and my memory stick is one of the newer SONY 4GB(-- did they somehow find a way in which you are unable to play newer games on their memory sticks? XD)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My Psp is Japanese. Does that have any affect on loading the ISO?

nope, that wouldn't have anything to do with it :/

try this.. before you start the game, take the UMD you have in the drive out then place it back in.

if you haven't done that in awhile maybe the PSP isn't recognizing your UMD, thus causing a black screen (which happens on all games that have different checks for UMD discs if NO-UMD is enabled or a UMD is not in the drive)

edit: well if you don't know what the plugins are, they are probably default then. Its just a menu in a recovery for add-ons.

Sony memory sticks are fine.. and no there isn't a background image for mine either.

S6A6T6A6N

nope, that wouldn't have anything to do with it :/

try this.. before you start the game, take the UMD you have in the drive out then place it back in.

if you haven't done that in awhile maybe the PSP isn't recognizing your UMD, thus causing a black screen (which happens on all games that have different checks for UMD discs if NO-UMD is enabled or a UMD is not in the drive)

edit: well if you don't know what the plugins are, they are probably default then. Its just a menu in a recovery for add-ons.

Sony memory sticks are fine.. and no there isn't a background image for mine either.

So... That means... that.... It's not the ISO's fault. So... how'd you get it to work so easily...? Do you have extra plugins?

EDIT: I've also tried the "taking the UMD out and then replacing it again" Does it mattar what kind of UMD you are using? --I'm using Twisted Metal

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it just works.. I have the same settings as you no extra plugins and a 2GB sandisk ms. People have reported this game working elsewhere too so I really have no idea..

Shouldn't matter as to what UMD you are using, I'm using the sample disc that came with the PSP.

do you have another ms laying around that you can test with this game? I doubt anything is wrong with this one but you never know.

S6A6T6A6N

You're using Dark Alex's OE v2 version right?
Yea. I have a 1 gig lying around somewhere.. I'll it out.

edit: Lol haha! It finally Works! yay! I changed the memory stick and it worked! XD Thankyou for all your troubles!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You're using Dark Alex's OE v2 version right?
Yea. I have a 1 gig lying around somewhere.. I'll it out.

edit: Lol haha! It finally Works! yay! I changed the memory stick and it worked! XD Thankyou for all your troubles!

LOL, great to hear it finally worked.

np dude ;)