• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Install CFW on Star Wars LE white PSP ?

koong_kr

Hi, all! A ultimate newbie is here.

I have purchased a PSP Star Wars LE about a month ago. At that time, I ordered a Pandora battery at dealextreme.com and I finally got the battery yesterday!

Now I'm trying to install CFW on my PSP. However, I have failed for all day. Situations and information are as follows;

Situation:

1) I have a Pandora Battery.

2) I used this method to make a magic memory without 1 (because I don't have CFW yet).
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780 (I think this is a most typical method.)

3) When doing 7, "Hellcat's Pandora Installer" does not work. On executing Hellicat, my PSP only shows "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )"

4) I have tried with other methods by googling (for example, easy 3.71 M33), but everything was failed.

Information about PSP:

1) I have purchased a used PSP, star wars limited edition, white color, with OFW 3.71

After googling, I have realized it may possibly have a recent motherboard. But I could not verify what version of motherboard is used for my PSP since PCB in UMD does not expose in my case.

Please do not say to me "use pspident." My PSP has OFW.

2) After excuting "easy 3.71M33.exe" and replacing a battery with a Pandora battery, green "Power" LED is turned on. However, neither memory nor WiFi LED flashed.
By this, I guess that my Pandora battery works fine, but magic memory does not work. 2 possible problem; Motherboard does not support CFW, or something wrong with making magic memory.

3) I have tried this as well;
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/23428-guide-making-pandoras-battery-new-method.html
The result was just same to 2).

In conclusion, my PSP does not allow CFW to be installed so far! Please help me...

january39

eXo Staff
Have you tried making the MMS on your PSP, as until you have CFW it will not work.

You need to amek the MMS via a PC unless you can borrow a CFW psp to make the MMS on.

BTW 8002014c = 0x8002014c = illegal Load Exec filename (NOT unexpected if you are trying to create the MMS via your PSP)

What FW did your PSP come with striaght outta the box?

january39

eXo Staff
Have you tried making the MMS on your PSP, as until you have CFW it will not work.

You need to make the MMS via a PC unless you can borrow a CFW psp to make the MMS on?

BTW 8002014c = 0x8002014c = illegal Load Exec filename (NOT unexpected if you are trying to create the MMS via your PSP)

What FW did your PSP come with striaght outta the box? If it came with 4.05 you may have the TA-088v3 Pandora Proof Slim. I doubt it though given it's the star wars PSP

koong_kr

You need to make the MMS via a PC unless you can borrow a CFW psp to make the MMS on?

What FW did your PSP come with striaght outta the box? If it came with 4.05 you may have the TA-088v3 Pandora Proof Slim. I doubt it though given it's the star wars PSP
Thanks for kind replies.

I have tried to make a MMS via my PC. It still does not work. I used 3 different methods, but all failed. Do you have a particular method to make a MMS on PC?

My PSP comes with FW 3.71. Since I purchased used one, my PSP is not so young. :)