• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How can I watch foreign UMD Videos?

Tayen

Hello

I couldn't find infos about this, that's why I'm posting here.

I have a European PSP (Region Code 2) with firmware 3.10 OE and I have some UMD Videos I bought in the USA when I was there on vacation. These UMD Videos have Region Code 1, of course.

Is there a way I could watch them on my PSP?

I tried this:

Turned on my PSP holding R
Selected "Configuration"
Enabled "Free UMD Region"
Restarted the PSP and tried the UMD
Didn't work (still got the message: Wrong Region Code)

Then I tried to additionally set "Fake UMD Region" to "Europe" and then to "America", but none of these settings worked (I still got the message: Wrong Region Code).

Is there an additional option I need to set?

Thanks for your help
Tayen

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nope, unfortunately changing the region still doesn't bypass what the UMD movies check for.

there is an old app called UMD Emulator 0.8c which faked the region but it will only work with the older UMD movie titles, give it a try.

Attachments

• UMD Emulator V0.8C.zip
    244.4 KB · Views: 567

Tayen

Thanks.

I've downloaded it and put it on my memory stick, but I can't start that application.
I've tried to put it in PSP/GAME and PSP/GAME150, tried it with 3.10 kernel and with 1.50 kernel, but all I see is "Corrupted data".

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks.

I've downloaded it and put it on my memory stick, but I can't start that application.
I've tried to put it in PSP/GAME and PSP/GAME150, tried it with 3.10 kernel and with 1.50 kernel, but all I see is "Corrupted data".

yeah, it was using an outdated SFO template which 3.x doesn't understand.

anyways, I've fixed it, enjoy :) just download it again and copy all of the folders inside to your ms

do ISO emulation with system menu mode, region free option ON, and disc type set to video

Tayen

Thanks, I can start it now. :)

I've tried what you said, but it didn't work.

There's one thing I noticed, though: You wrote that I should set it to "system menu mode" with ISO emulation OFF. Are you sure this is possible? Because from what I saw, you can set "ISO emulation" *either* to "OFF" *or* to "system menu", but not both at the same time.
So I tried both options one after another together with "region free on" and disc type set to "video" (it's an original UMD video I try to play).
It didn't work, so I guess what you wrote before applies: It may work for older UMD Videos, but not for newer ones. (for the record: The UMDs are "The Ali G show" season 1 and 2, bought them in summer 2005 in NYC) I don't have any other older UMD videos I could test it with.
Maybe one day there'll be a way to bypass that restriction.

Thank you for your help, nevertheless

gbblast

Same problem

bought some umd video's in canada, wont work on my european psp!

Hope da can fix it! so i finnally see my 3 family guys umd's!