• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony: PSP-3000 Interlacing-Like Scanlines Normal, No Plans To Fix

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
disgeascanline.jpg

We broke word late last week that a number of PSP-3000 owners were noticing interlacing-like scanlines on the handheld's enhanced screen. Now, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has responded to these reports and concerns over screen quality, noting that the "issue" folks are experiencing here is normal. The full statement can be found below:[blockquote2]PSP-3000 has a new LCD device with vastly improved picture quality, achieving a more natural and vivid picture than older models. By improving LCD response time to reduce ghosting, the horizontal-line phenomenon becomes more visible.

Since this phenomenon is caused by hardware characteristics, there is no plan to fix it with system software update.[/blockquote2]SCEI: PSP Brite's scanlines caused by hardware, no plans to fix [Joystiq]

d1ddy

<p>no cfw , no fix = no purchase .. guess im going to get a slim</p>

Kwipper

<p>I knew it was a good idea for me to wait, and not purchase one when it was released. Fuck you Sony. You're not getting my money.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got my 3000 today, so we'll have a review and 2000 comparison up within the coming days. The scanline issue is definitely there on fast moving images, though it's not as bad as I thought.

`Rage`

<p>Wow.. Glad I didn't bust open my wallet to buy one.
Think my money will go towards that new DS tbh.
Nice one Sony.</p>

dennis96411

Yeah, I guess a mic and better screen isn't really worth it.

icedman204

<p>One Giant Leap for Nintendo = DSi
One Small Step for Xbox = Taking over Sony Exclusives, Tekken 6 is another Victim of another Developer supporting the better selling system.</p>
<p>Sevreal Steps back goes sony :
PSP3000 = Crappy Screen
PS3 = Lack of Backwards Compatibility on Current PS3 Systems.</p>
<p>This from someone who prefers Playstation over the Competition.</p>