• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an updated build of popsloader, which enables users to run previous versions of pops (Sony's PSP PSOne emulator), allowing for increased compatibility. Note that this version in particular only works on 5.00 M33-2. Supported pops builds include 3.02 through 4.01.

Installation instructions can be found in the included readme file. Keep in mind that Popsloader is not required to run PSOne games on your PSP, but is useful for titles that have compatibility issues, or do not run as well with the built-in 5.00 pops.

Download Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2

Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2 [Dark_AleX]

cyrus

<p>whenever i decrypt the 401 eboot it always give me an error i think is the dumper im using but im not to sure..is there any way i can get through this?btw, does popsloader for 500m33-2 support 395 & 400 pops?</p>

SaucyPsp

hey guys,
so i just started doing the psp thing again my last CF update was 3.52m33-3 lol super old right? well when i modded my psp i didnt get to into it i just wanted to dl games rather than buy them. but now im getting into it cause i have been reading alot about some perty cool stuffs. and i hear alot about this and that bricking your psp and i wanted to know if the popsloader 5.00m33-2 works on the 5.00m33-3?

and if anyone can hook me up with a link for custom themes for the 5.00m33-3 i would love it. anyways thanks.

lomeindotcom

Problem

I cant seem to see the popsloader under the plugins section of recovery mode. followed one of the guides in these forums and still cant seem to get it working. wonder what i am doing wrong. Im on CFW 5.00 m33-4
thanks in advance

Mr.Teatime

Since upgrading to 5.00 M33 and using the new version of popsloader, sleep mode is borked when playing PSX stuff. When I flick the power switch to put the PSP to sleep, it goes to sleep fine, but when I flick it again to wake it up, the power light comes on, the memory stick light comes on (constant light, not blinking), but the screen does not. It sits like that for a few seconds and then shuts off entirely. When I flick the switch again, it starts itself up normally to the XMB. Sleep mode is basically the reason to use a PSP instead of a real PSX, so this is rather distressing.

This happens with all pops versions except original from flash (this rather defeats the purpose of popsloader in the first place). I'm using the latest versions of everything--just updated to 5.00 M33-4. I'm not running any other pops plugins other than popsloader. I'm 99% sure I've dumped everything correctly, since I had popsloader working before updating to 5.00 (although admittedly it's been a long-ass time since I updated--I think I was running 3.90 before 5.00?). I've triple checked I've got the proper impose.prx. Slim PSP.

Anyone have this happening to them?

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

:-( I am so SAD.

I finally updated up to 5.00 m33-4 from 3.71. The update worked perfect, but now Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PSX eboot) won't work. The game's music doesn't work at ALL and the game just freezes right before a match starts.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy this? I know that there is a way to make the PSX emulation revert itself to the 3.71 firmware without having to downgrade from 5.00, but I can't find a good tutorial anywhere. The only two I found don't mention where to get the necessary files. If anyone could simply explain to me how to do this, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Also, upon doing this, will the new customizable control scheme vanish? It wasn't supported in 3.71 m33-3.

Even better, is Dark Alex going to release an update fix for this problem? It kind of sucks that we're ditching some PSX compatibility.

Thanks!

Hakainokami

<p>I don't know if this is the right place to post, but my friend gave me his Vagrant Story PS1 disc, and i'm really confused about how to make a file to use on the new 5.0. I have CFW 5.0 -4, can I just burn the iso file in nero and play from that? Or do I need to do something else? I'm not new to CFW, but this is the first time i've tried to play a PS1 Game on PSP.</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>I don't know if this is the right place to post, but my friend gave me his Vagrant Story PS1 disc, and i'm really confused about how to make a file to use on the new 5.0. I have CFW 5.0 -4, can I just burn the iso file in nero and play from that? Or do I need to do something else? I'm not new to CFW, but this is the first time i've tried to play a PS1 Game on PSP.</p>

Guide for creating PSP playable eboots from a PSX title.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2047

You will need the popsloader set up, if you wish to try other pops than that of the flash.

If you are not sure of that then read - http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

Guide covers 3.80 and 3.90 Popsloader install, however the process remains the same for the 5.00M33 Popsloader.