• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP3000 on CFW!!!

ROYGINALD

First ,the "operation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKpS3aBJmE0

Now running on CFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSN713LYt7A

PSP ident (by Jas0nuk)
pspident_000-1.jpg

. . .

dennis96411

Aren't you controlling another PSP? I don't think it's possible, but nice try. Also, what's the point of having a PSP if the screen doesn't work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Actually he replaced the CPU in the 3K with one from a 2K unit.

dennis96411

But really, what is the use if you can't even see the screen? Nice finding though.

ROYGINALD

Why does my PSP2kCPU had no display on my PSP3k?
It was flashed in the PSP2k so drivers and files needed for it to display for the NEW LCD was never written on the nand.

Why does it still work on my PSP3k?
Beats me ...maybe they are using same CPU engineering but only with tighter security. (Why same engineering?? All controls are the same, and still works .. duh! )

What can this halfed-cracked-PSP can do?
It can read more info on other components such as new Baryon chips,syscon,power ic (that nobody can ATM).. to find ways how to "rebuild" Pandora's serial Battery (for it to work again!)

What's the next step?
Finding ways to reflash the CPU on the PSP3k mobo.It'll install the files needed for the display "issue", read the entire nand(for backup)...find ways to run DC7 at XMB,(PSP3k is pandora battery-proof)...Or if DA can read the entire nand of PSP3kCPU then write it on my PSP2kCPU ..patch some files for the M33 or likely.

Why I do "this"

1. To know if PSP3k still have capability to run CFW.
2. To learn more if $0ny did a GREAT alteration to prevent homebrew to run.They claimed that with this revision HB will be totally blocked.
3. To identify more info in this new revision using HB apps (like PSP Ident etc.)
4. To know if HB scene is Doomed for good (which is not )

What's next?
1. Well as DA say theres an encryption from the new FW just for the new LCD.
2. Maybe if i can update this blindly new firmware installation will correct such lost files ..more like reinstalling Windows on a new CPU/Mobo PC style.
3.As of now even the Version3 CPU cannot be read by any Apps... so there's no way to back up its full nand image to read .
4.Maybe a BSOD will fix this "glitch"
5.CPU from previous PSP running on a New Mobo simply says its really hackable! it's only a matter of ipl / flashing .Who has the balls to run apps if you know that you cannot even Unbrick your PSP3k?!!
6.With "Pandorizable" CPU i can run ALL Software Experiments on this "UNPANDORIZABLE PSP".

btw
I was also the first to CFW an UNHACKABLE PSP2000 TA-088 with version 3 CPU (where does version3 come from....) replacing it with an "old" CPU...

-royginald

. . .

dennis96411

Dang that's a long speech 8|

ROYGINALD

Too mouthful for you ? or too slow to catch up??

PSP3000 have plenty of ways to hack but posting such nonsense doesn't help a bit.

XD

dennis96411

I said "nice finding though" didn't I?

B2K24

Attacking the hardware is the best action at this point since software cannot run on the 3000 units. I appreciate ROYGINALD's efforts very much as im sure others do as well.

Even before IDstorage recreation was possible it was said attacking the hardware will tell us alot and is the best way to go.

Sony talks about wanting to move 16 million units or so, but it will be interesting once CFW is released if thats possible to see how much of a percentage increase in unit sales will be.

ROYGINALD

Now running Remotejoy and Testing more Homebrew Applications.

It is a HARD start for something we always took for granted.

Most of us are not afraid anymore running different software (even not tested) on our "Pandorizable" PSPs. because luckily there's always a "Pandora Kit" to the rescue.

Even if some Hackers discovered the NEW Battery's serial for the NEW PSP3000 just to be on the "service" mode..it'll take some more time for other pre-ipl testings.
A wrong ipl writing can always BRICK your PSP.. but with this "half-cracked-Pandorizable-PSP3000".. i can run almost any Homebrews!

Not everybody's willing to take the risks i did.. but this is a start.
Thinking that PSP3000 STILL uses the same CPU engineering/computation really gives us the idea that it still and will support CFW.

Now watch my latest Video

. . .