• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FATMS Driver Patch for 5.00 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an optional patch that allows users to load the original 3.71 FATMS driver on 5.00 M33 series custom firmware. In certain cases, applying this patch may greatly improve overall read and write performance with slow Memory Stick brands, such as Lexar.

For installation instructions, be sure to refer to the included readme file.

Download FATMS Driver Patch for 5.00 M33

3.71 FATMS patch for 5.00 [Dark_AleX]

ysfm

can someone help me plz, i got this :

ecrypt 3.71 using psardumper (square option).
Copy the file fatmsmod.prx in the root of memory stick.

Copy FATMS371 to /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME5XX. Run the program and done.

but after i unrar the file , i found these inside:

1- EBOOT.PBP
2- fatms371_friend.prx
3- iop.prx

so i dont have fatmsmod.prx

wat to do??

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
<p>hey dudes, why dont you all bcome a fan of Dark~AleX at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/DarkAleX/31283906247">[www.new.facebook.com]</a></p>

nathanmoon

<p>@ysfm:</p>
<p>fatsmsmod.prx can be got at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://rapidshare.com/files/157184085/fatmsmod_prx_371.rar">[rapidshare.com]</a></p>

frisomel

<p>i followed the instructions..but it doesn't work..it just shows the psp logo then my psp shuts down..it's weird..did somebody had the same problem?..</p>

nathanmoon

<p>@frisomel: this might be because u didnt put the fatmsmod.prx in the ROOT of ur MS...u can download the fatmsmod.prx at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://rapidshare.com/files/157184085/fatmsmod_prx_371.rar">[rapidshare.com]</a> UNRAR it and put it in the ROOT of ur MS..</p>

solarnoise

I definitely installed this correctly before,

Just tried again, using the same fatmsmod.prx, and it bricked my system =\

Is this a common problem? Should I try again?

EDIT: I can still access the recovery menu, is there anything I can do from here to unbrick my system?

JedTanner

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for this. Since 5.00 M33-6 has came out, is there a way to "uninstall" the 3.71 FATMS driver or will the upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 have any effect on my psp with the FATMS driver installed? Please help!! Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for this. Since 5.00 M33-6 has came out, is there a way to "uninstall" the 3.71 FATMS driver or will the upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 have any effect on my psp with the FATMS driver installed? Please help!! Thanks

It will not have any adverse effect however if you plan on using the Memory Stick speed fix option in 5.00 M33-6 it is recommended to remove fatmsmod for best performance. To do this you'll have to completely reinstall 5.00 M33, then apply the M33-6 update.

JedTanner

It will not have any adverse effect however if you plan on using the Memory Stick speed fix option in 5.00 M33-6 it is recommended to remove fatmsmod for best performance. To do this you'll have to completely reinstall 5.00 M33, then apply the M33-6 update.

Thanks dude! Apologies but how do I do that? Is it as simple as using the instructions from the 5.00 M33 page? Also, I have installed the popsloader for psone games and the 1.50 kernel for the emulators. Will this need special instructions or do I need to reinstall everything? Thanks in advance. Cheers!