• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSX to PSP guide? Help?

Taiidanx

So, I've had my PSP for a month or so. I have 3.10 OE-A2 firmware, and am happily enjoying my emulators :D. I keep seeing all these awesome posts about playing PSX games on PSP and I've tried doing some research to get in on this. But, for the life of me I have no clue where to start, I have my own games to rip and I've searched my PSP for the Popstation to no avail. Am I missing something?

Any help getting started would be very appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just rip your games to iso or bin format using UltraISO, ISOBuster, or any similar program. Then grab PSX2PSP (its in the downloads section) to convert your game.

Starrknight

Im new to the whole psp emulation thing, but I was wondering if someone could post perhaps a guide with steps on how to convert the files using either programs, when I tried to use PSX2PSP it always mentions something about a BASE.PBP file missing and such.

dardel

i have the same problem, tried a couple of programs to convert my ff9 ps1 discs for gaming on the psp. i made a ccd copy using alcohol 120%, then converted to iso using Magic ISO (a little complicated, maybe there are some easier ways), then tried to use psx2psp but the same problem, Unable to open \\BASE.PBP

twiz

i have the same problem, tried a couple of programs to convert my ff9 ps1 discs for gaming on the psp. i made a ccd copy using alcohol 120%, then converted to iso using Magic ISO (a little complicated, maybe there are some easier ways), then tried to use psx2psp but the same problem, Unable to open \\BASE.PBP

You need to place the BASE.PBP in the files folder

http://www.sendspace.com/file/agla10

dardel

i found the base.pbp file in another release and put it to the FILES directory (i'm using the psx2psp from the downloads section of this site) and everything went fine. but after copying the converted directory to the //psp/game i used the file, some cautions about reading the software manual blablabla but then only a black screen. i tried to push every button but only worked the home (with some options including quit game). so now i don't know if the image was done wrong, or the conversion to iso, or the conversion using psx2psp ...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i found the base.pbp file in another release and put it to the FILES directory (i'm using the psx2psp from the downloads section of this site) and everything went fine. but after copying the converted directory to the //psp/game i used the file, some cautions about reading the software manual blablabla but then only a black screen. i tried to push every button but only worked the home (with some options including quit game). so now i don't know if the image was done wrong, or the conversion to iso, or the conversion using psx2psp ...

you need the KEYS.BIN in the same directory as your game.

Although the latest version (1.2) shouldn't need a keys.bin .. unless you replaced the data.psp in the files folder..