• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-4 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

As promised, PSP homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released the 5.00 M33-4 firmware update. Various bug fixes are included and a new shutdown function has been added to the VSH menu. All users of 5.00 M33 series firmware are recommended to apply this update. The complete changelog can be found after the break.[blockquote2]* Speed selected for umd/iso was not properly locked in some new games that used scePower_EBD177D6 instead of scePowerSetClockFrequency to change speed.
* UMD/ISO speed settings now apply to PSN games too.
* Fixed libupdown.prx connecting to dark-alex.org instead of sony when npsignin_plugin checks for a new version and m33 update is enabled.
* ISO file descriptor was not closed in driver deletion
* Added a shutdown command to vshmenu.[/blockquote2]Download Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-4

5.00 M33-4 [Dark_AleX]

january39

eXo Staff
Thanxs -:biggrin:

Garfield823

Greetings from the Middle East!!!! I just recently purchased a psp with system software 4.01 M33-2 installed. In regards of this new release of firmware 5.00 M33-4, can I update my psp from 4.01 M33-2 to 5.00 M33-4? If it thus, can you tell me the procedure please? Thanks!

Jake

I was just looking through the recovery menu and under Advanced>Advanced Configuration is has XMB Plugins, Game Plugins and POPS Plugins options. Is this new in 5.00 m33-4 or have I just not seen it?

cyrus

<p>hey this update whenever i press the select button for the vsh menu, it makes my phone hang and just shut off..</p>

Kairu43

<p>In regards to what cyrus just said (we know you meant psp) Hitting the select button also freezes my psp. I have to take the battery out to restart it. It worked before I updated. Just to make sure I disabled crossextend (a plugin) and it still freezes. Please help us.</p>

Kairu43

<p>Ok sorry for the double post but this is important and may answer cyrus' question. I experimented with disabling different plugins and found that my Game Categories plugin was the problem. I checked QJ.net and found that the author has just released a new version compatible with 5.00 m33-4. So, Cyrus, if you use that plugin, you need to update to the latest version. Once again, sorry for the double post.</p>

cyrus

<p>hey didnt notice i just typed in phone lol ahahaa.gee thanks a bunch kairu! i love you lol. yes i do use that plug in and thanks for finding out so kairu will update the plugin awesome plug in btw.</p>

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
<p>hey guys, become a fan of Dark~AleX at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkAleX/31283906247?ref=ts">[www.facebook.com]</a></p>

january39

eXo Staff
I was just looking through the recovery menu and under Advanced>Advanced Configuration is has XMB Plugins, Game Plugins and POPS Plugins options. Is this new in 5.00 m33-4 or have I just not seen it?

I think it is new on 5.00M33, i had to disable the GAME plugin to allow PSN demos to work.

No idea, how they function within the PSP though, obvious answer is to disable any plugins you might have on but as i never had any installed at time of d/l demo not sure that is the answer.

I asked the Question on MC and no replies so.............???? :confused1:

gearelf

<p>With this firmware, can I do things like download snes games? If so, how do I update my psp to this firmware? I currently have 3.95.</p>

Kairu43

<p>This is custom firmware. You cannot upgrade to this with official sony firmware. It is possible to downgrade if you don't have a ta 88 v3 slim motherboard. You will need Dark Alex' Despertar Del Cementario v7 and a pandoras battery. google it</p>

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I think it is new on 5.00M33, i had to disable the GAME plugin to allow PSN demos to work.

No idea, how they function within the PSP though, obvious answer is to disable any plugins you might have on but as i never had any installed at time of d/l demo not sure that is the answer.

I asked the Question on MC and no replies so.............???? :confused1:

The idea was to separate one thing (plugins) into a few individual things (XMB, GAME, POPS plugins). The reason is that you can only have so many plugins. People are (or were) complaining that they couldn't put all the plugins they wanted into the plugins. So rather than increase the number (which has its own problems), the easiest solution was to separate the different types of plugins. You're still limited, but the limit is on each type, not the entire thing.

january39

eXo Staff
The idea was to separate one thing (plugins) into a few individual things (XMB, GAME, POPS plugins). The reason is that you can only have so many plugins. People are (or were) complaining that they couldn't put all the plugins they wanted into the plugins. So rather than increase the number (which has its own problems), the easiest solution was to separate the different types of plugins. You're still limited, but the limit is on each type, not the entire thing.

Ahh, i understand. Thank you.