• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Changing the effect of Network Update

XsavioR

Shut down/ Restart plugin replacing network update icon ~Tutorial~

Tutorial complete, Feedback appreciated

This Tutorial assumes you have read 2 other posts found below in order of importance
http://forums.exophase.com/showthrea...=1624#post1624 OE usage manual
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=423 Easy Homebrew and prx

This will outline how to "install" a super fast shut down, and the ability to "reboot" the psp into umd . Considering how many times a day I need to get to recovery mode to flip settings while trouble shooting... I think this little trick will extend the functioning life of your psp by vast amounts.

First off, This tutorial requires you to mess with flash0 , Messing with flash0 can brick your psp. If you choose to try this , do so at your own risk, after reading the entire post knowing from the start if you mess up its possible to brick.

Firmware and settings I have and tested this on. If you dont use what I do i simply dont suggest you proceed.

psp with DAX 3.10 oea ta-082 having run the usbhost fix at lan.sh
NO other custom flash stuff done.
The only plugins ive used this with is usb/iso one listed in my other post. (bugs below)
I don't plan on doing any more "installing" of other things with out restoring the changes to impliment this. ie uninstalling it. just to be safe before upgrading FW , or installing other prx's.

Back up your flash0 now Steps below
Have your psp pluged in !!!
On your pc right click goto new , goto folder , left click name it Flash0 BACKUP
1. Restart your psp and enter recovery mode
2. Enter the advanced menu
3. With usb cable attached , Toggle usb (flash0) press x
You will hear the usb connection sound from your pc, a window will pop up.
DONOT MODIFY ANY THING This is the flash0
You should see the folders:
data
font
kn
vsh
kd
dic

If you dont Stop reading this , and don't use this tutorial.

4. If the window that poped up displays the folders listed above Select all of them , and Carefully goto the edit menu on the top tool bar, left click COPY with all the folders highlighted Doing any thing else can brick your psp.

5. In your psp UNtoggle usb(flash0) . You have done nothing to it what so ever . The window on your psp Shuts. Just for saftey disconect your usb cable from your psp.

6. On your desktop open the Folder you made called Flash0 BACKUP. It should be empty.

7. Right click inside the folder "Flash0 BACKUP" click paste.
You should now see all the files listed above, That are on your psp Safely disconected from the pc.

8. Close the window on your pc "Flash0 BACKUP"

9. Right click the folder "flash0 BACKUP" on your desktop , goto properties, left click.
Be sure Read only , the box is filled in , and hit ok.

You now have a backup of the Flash0, on your desktop. This is needed to uninstall.

Files

(for the record I don't take credit for writing the prx. I didn't post the whole file as i downloaded it to reduce confusion. theres about 10 files inside it. Some nub would hose it up. Links to the files in their original state & post will be included at the complete end of this. The file I Link is The reboot.prx Named specifically for this )

http://rapidshare.com/files/15232324/update_plugin.prx.html - The only file you need.

Installation
Connect your psp power plug.
Connect your usb cable
Enter recovery mode

1. In the advanced menu , toggle usb (flash0)
The window pops back up displaying the files you just backed up on your pc.

2. Double click ( open ) the vsh folder.
Inside you see:
etc
module
nodule
resource

If not Stop using this tutorial.

3. Double click ( open ) Nodule
Besure to open the one with N not M

4. Right click the file update_plugin.prx you downloaded above from the files section, click copy.

This is where you change a file in the Flash0 , and if you mess up , you can brick.
5. In the folder x:/vsh/nodule, where x is the drive letter of your psp. ( the window that poped up when you toggled usb (flash0).
Right click and hit paste.
A window will pop up , asking if you want to over write a file with a newer SMALLER file. Make sure the new file is smaller. Over filling flash bricks the psp. Alow it to over write.

6. UNtoggle usb (flash0) in recovery menu.

7. Boot up psp.
You may need to restart the psp for it to begin working.

Use
Borrowed from the readme.

To Shut-Down:
highlight Network update hit x,hit x again then
Press HOME + Select (PSP powers off in 0.5 sec)

To Reboot:
(requires umd in psp)
Press HOME + Start (THE Power LED will be flash 4 or 5 times the a clean reboot ** into umd)

Notes:
Rebooting Requires a umd to be inserted.
Clicking the network update icon in xmb while this is installed does nothing but activate shutdown option.
To activate Recovery mode using this, shut down then turn on while holding r.
If you reboot , it auto loads umd. Removing the umd disables the plugin. Not usefull to get into recovery.
Disables itself while in a game.
While using usb/iso plugin This plugin is disabled.

Known bugs:
If you only click x once on networkupdate icon and try to shut down it freezes. hit x 2 times.

Uninstall
Simply go threw the install procedures, but instead of using the file you downloaded for step number 4 , use the file from your "Flash0 BACKUP" file . Its named identically. Just change where you copy it from.

Original files

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/944

Cautions
Once you do this your going to think of how easy it is. And try it with another prx. If you over fill the flash you brick. Doing silly things like changing the backround uses flash space.... If your new to this , just be happy you got away with tooling around with your flash. Don't get creative on me and make me regret typing this.