• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Do Not Attempt] I flashed a wave and a font successfully to the PSP 3000

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
---
Mod Edit: [highlight]Do NOT attempt this or HEN may become unusable.[/highlight]
---

Hello, I'm sonicroxs. I have became very ''famous'' on the MFM IRC channel (STR4T0V4R1US helped me on this) because *read the thread title*.

picture0008g.jpg

I used PSP Filer 6.0 on hacker mode to copy the wave and font files to the f0. But we were stupid enough to turn off the PSP. Now we're stuck on 5.03 OFW (with working font and wave) and we can't install ChickHEN. I am waiting for MaTiAz's reply to my message about making a new TIFF compatible with our situation. If anyone can help me on this, please reply to this thread if I'm online or send me a PM if I'm offline.

EDIT: Slasher, HEN only becomes unusable if you flash the wave and turn off your PSP completely. If you only put your PSP in sleep mode, it still is usable.

Dan

Contributor
Wow, nice man. Sorta sucks that your on 5.03 OFW without HEN. I'm sure Matiaz will try and help you out.

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
Thanks

I really hope he helps me.. Bubbletune already tried, but no luck. He understands very little of the TIFF coding. Me and STR4T0V4R1US are waiting patiently.

Sea216

So ChickHEN doesn't work because the new wave and font changed the free ram space?
That's kinda cool, yet a bummer at the same time...

DaRKcLoUD-X

Hmmm, this is interesting, so how did you try to run the HEN? did you try placing more images into the PHOTO folder? I think its worth a shot. Ive been fooling around with my psp (not flashing anything to psp, so don't worry lol). What i wanted to do is have a background wallpaper on my psp, but we all know that it messes up the launching of the HEN (so we choose the default theme setup), normally i would have 4-5 images in my photos folder along with a "ChickHEN" folder inside the photo folder as well. With that normal set-up i would try and set a background image and when attempting to load the HEN, it would always freeze. However, i thought of the idea of adding more images to the photo's folder. Well i just copied one image a bunch of times ("19" to be exact) and presto the hen launches with a background image on for the theme. I dunno if adding more images will help you or not but it could. I would take it to the next level and flash waves and fonts to my psp to test the hen, but i like having a working psp :D........good luck