• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam F.E.A.R. & Expansions released on Steam

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It took me several attempts to get into this originally, but I did enjoy it once it hooked me. I still need to play the sequel one of these days.

Going to pass on picking it up again though, I have too many games collecting dust at the moment.

LocutusEstBorg

Perseus Mandate's graphics and gameplay felt so empty and cheap its not even funny. The moment I saw the first level I had a flashback/Deja Vu thingie about designing a cheap triangle based level in the Build engine level editor. (The engine used in Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D for you young-ins). I was like "Did I really upgrade to a 7800 GTX back then to play this??" (I upgraded to play the original FEAR).

FYI FEAR 2 is just a plain but solid FPS and the experience is nothing like the first one.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Perseus Mandate's graphics and gameplay felt so empty and cheap its not even funny. The moment I saw the first level I had a flashback/Deja Vu thingie about designing a cheap triangle based level in the Build engine level editor. (The engine used in Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D for you young-ins). I was like "Did I really upgrade to a 7800 GTX back then to play this??" (I upgraded to play the original FEAR).

FYI FEAR 2 is just a plain but solid FPS and the experience is nothing like the first one.

Strange since it was the second expansion and the two expansions were made by the same company. You would expect the first one to be the more amateurish. I never played the expansions and I lent my dvd of FEAR to a friend over a year ago and never got it back. Don't see them anymore either. D:

LocutusEstBorg

Strange since it was the second expansion and the two expansions were made by the same company. You would expect the first one to be the more amateurish. I never played the expansions and I lent my dvd of FEAR to a friend over a year ago and never got it back. Don't see them anymore either. D:

Its not an expansion, its a standalone title.

Its places like this that reminded me of those vast blank areas in Build engine games.
941968_20071114_790screen002.jpg