• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

!help! Cfw 5.xx

fede.caiulo

I'm going to upgrade my PSP PHAT very soon and I'd like to know if all those applications and homebrews programmed for working on Kernel 3.xx are still going to run on CFW 5.00 M33-4 and 5.02 GEN-A.

Thanx

Slasher

Suck It
Pretty much everything will still work without a problem. The only things that may not work are the plugins designed for the 3.xx kernel.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I haven't had any compatibility issues at all with plugins or applications, so they should still work for you.

The only plugin I had to upgrade was cxmb, but at least they upgraded it.

fede.caiulo

So even Music prx CFW 3.90 should work. Cool!

So what do you recommend between the two CFW availabe. I would go for the newest but I never upgraded to anything different from M33.
Would I still still be able to use M33 NETWORK UPDATE if I upgrade to 5.02 GEN-A??

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
So even Music prx CFW 3.90 should work. Cool!

So what do you recommend between the two CFW availabe. I would go for the newest but I never upgraded to anything different from M33.
Would I still still be able to use M33 NETWORK UPDATE if I upgrade to 5.02 GEN-A??

I would choose 5.00m33. I don't know about 5.02 gen, but the last GEN firmware I was on wasn't very compatible with my plugins and such. It didn't have 1.5 kernal either.

Also, if you were wondering, you can use the playstation store with 5.00m33, even though it's not the latest firmware.

fede.caiulo

Nice.

I've heard there's a full version of the 5.02 GEN-A with Kernel add-on running only on PSP Phat.
I don't know how fast and stable it is though...