• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How does the chickHEN tiff image hack even work???

darrylthebest

The best way is to
keep the theme as default
use the latest Mhu speed 3
and scroll the images in the folder slowly
also do not keep other images in or outside the folder
so in PICTURES there shud only be the mhuspeed 3 files

This way worked for me since months [HEN loads in a single try]

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

It really seems that nobody remembers MaTiaz anymore >.>

Mhuspeed 3 is an alternative way to load HEN
The files are same [.tiff]
only the names been edited

Davee

lolhax
The best way is to
keep the theme as default
use the latest Mhu speed 3
and scroll the images in the folder slowly
also do not keep other images in or outside the folder
so in PICTURES there shud only be the mhuspeed 3 files

This way worked for me since months [HEN loads in a single try]

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Mhuspeed 3 is an alternative way to load HEN
The files are same [.tiff]
only the names been edited

MHU Speed is just a lame hex edit of ChickHEN.

HacKmaN

#include
Yah, I know. But it's not an "alternative", it's just m0skit0's mod of MaTiaz's TIFF Exploit with some images exchanged, but completly different credits. Well... I think the thread starter was asking for details how the exploit works exactly, not how to load the TIFF most stable ;)

//edit: Davee was faster :D

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
*sigh* Well I guess I'll have to explain how this works.
Me - The TIFF file that loads ChickHEN (which is the BIN file in your msroot and not the TIFF file itself.) isn't any normal image file. It was hex edited to cause a buffer overflow.
kevinx17910 - Hey sonicroxs, what's a buffer overflow?
Me - Well explaining a buffer overflow is a bit hard for me because I'm not a developer. But I believe it is a problem in the TIFF libraries and making use of that problem in a hexedited TIFF file causes the PSP to "overflow". Could someone explain it better?

Ok, so when the buffer overflow occurs and you know it is a Bus Error (instr) (Terms are from PSPlink), it is possible to compile a binary loader for that "exploit" and modify $ra (not sure if that was correctly said). And after making a successful BIN loader, you can start looking for kernel exploits and compiling all that stuff into a BIN file and making the TIFF file load the BIN. Davee's ChickHEN has nothing to do with MaTiAz's TIFF exploit. Oh, by the way, thanks for taking all your time in making ChickHEN, Davee.

Please tell me if I explained something wrong. I'm not a developer or coder.

BlackSheep

Davee's ChickHEN has nothing to do with MaTiAz's TIFF exploit. Oh, by the way, thanks for taking all your time in making ChickHEN, Davee.

Please tell me if I explained something wrong. I'm not a developer or coder.

yes it does with out the (eggsploit) chickhen would never have made..
its all most a year since chickhen now.

Bill

HacKmaN

#include
Pretty much yeah, although I did release it only because Davee agreed to make ChickHEN :p

Oh yeah, I remember, that was the "bit of awesomeness coming up" :D
By the way... nice to see you here again, your last post is almost five months old ;)

WalangAlam

Pretty much yeah, although I did release it only because Davee agreed to make ChickHEN :p
And so the dark plot unravels:D

Thanks much Matiaz and Davee. It was an awsome year. When is Tiff and ChickHEN's Anniversary?

Looking forward to the surprise of this year and who will bring it;)