• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP not connecting to wireless router

Cyph3r

ok, earlier today the wireless internet was working on my psp, but now it says "the access point was not detected" and no settings on the router have been changed, and im standing right in front of the router so the wireless should work, WHY has it stopped detecting it? what can i do to fix it?!

^ also, on some days, particulary in the mornings it works, later at night (past 5pm-ish) it doesnt work, what the hell is going on!?

*EDIT* if ANY setting on the router is changed the psp can detect it for 15 seconds after the change, after that, it wont detect it. this started happening after i pressed the reset button on the router

btw the WLAN switch IS on

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
seems like its a problem with the router.

try checking for any firmware upgrades on the router?

Cyph3r

but i dont understand why itd need a firmware update it used to work on the current firmware. this is really annoying me :(

frazz

You didn't say what make the router is?
Have you re configured your Psp settings since it stopped working?

XsavioR

The key is you hit the reset button on the router.....

That reset button on it is for when you forget your acces password.

It resets the entire system config to default.

Call the person who originally set it up and tell them you deleted all the setings by reseting it to default .

never push the reset button.... pull the plug. Reset button is for when you forget the password to the remote manager for the router. Password for the remote manager is so that the network guy who set it up for you ,, doesnt have to do what hes about to ;) Just pull the plug to reset it youll be fine Once he sets it up of course. Id be willing to give you a hand trying to set up the router as im sure others here would , but youll have to give us alot more info.

The advice to get new firmware on the router is also good. Perhaps you'll get more options like i did , and more current encryption types.
k thnx bai

edit 15 sec visability thingy prolly due to the router resetting , droping all configuration bits, including encryption and other settings, you see it till the config bits are loaded from onboard memory. inessance its booting up perhaps.