• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP psone question

Isracg

Hi, i was thinking is it possible to play the psx eboots you make with the psx2psp thing in the ps3?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nope... the PSone games for PS3 have a different format + they are encrypted differently.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
But the game saves are compatible. But it's got to be possible.

It's definitely possible, but there needs to be a way to run unsigned code on the PS3 first. So far no one has fully exploited the PS3 firmware.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
To bad someone couldnt unencrypt then reincrypt any psx iso at will so that anyone could just play there ps1 games on ps3 and stuff. be cool not that I'd probably use it much but still would be cool. As opposed to rebuying games I already own.

Richlando

But there's no way as of yet, to put the games back on the PS3. I got SOTN on my PS3, had to sign into the PSN with my ID just to transfer it. Although using something similiar to S.A.K. to back it up to the PS3 HDD would be conceivable. Then it would just be a matter of getting the PS3 to recognize it, although if it was recompiled with the same info and keys, riff license info as let's say SOTN, it would work. But if this is possible, so is an ISO loader for the PS3..so uh..no way. Hope it doesn't happen.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
You could probably just use the usb loader thing for ps2 then just use the emulator and run it off of an external. Wouldn't be as nice but allows for ps2 and ps1 games on a hardrive :).

jonn

do i have to downgrade my psp from 371 to run a ps1 emulator? and what program do i have to use to make isos?

Acerthief

where and how do i get the 3.71 m33-2

you'll need to have a "Pandora Battery" and magic memory sticks.
The guides in the "PSP FAQ and Guides" Section.

and please post at the correct place next time.