• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Should I buy a PSP?

shadowforte

I was thinking about it. Im about to trade my ds for a bunch of gcn game to bulid up my collection, and I said to myself after that im done with handheld gameing. But the ps1 emu for psp looks awsome. I want to play dino crisis on a handheld so bad.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The PSP is worth it if you have a 1.5.. there are NES, Genesis, SNES, and GBA emulators available that run at full speed, then add in the PSP games to that mix and you got one hell of a portable system :p

Granted the PS1 emulator by Sony is going to require a firmware update like the games to stray people away from using the unofficial emulators etc but thus far we've been successful at getting around these "required" updates. ;)

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
PSP's with FW 1.50 generally sell for a little bit more than other PSP's with higher firmwares.

so my advice would be to buy a PSP on Ebay between 2.0-2.71 so save a bit of money, then downgrade it yourself if you havn't yet bought one already. :p

JKing

Banned
PSP's with FW 1.50 generally sell for a little bit more than other PSP's with higher firmwares.

so my advice would be to buy a PSP on Ebay between 2.0-2.71 so save a bit of money, then downgrade it yourself if you havn't yet bought one already. :p

I did it...worked great and I saved a little $$ on the side aswell.